"Active Topics" option/button?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Woodsong

Guru
Vessel Make
Bayliner 4550 Pilothouse
A lot of forums I visit have an icon up towards the top that says "Active Topics" or "New Discussions" or something like that. *Basically...when you log it, you hit that button and poof- you see every new thread or every thread with a new reply, etc. since your last visit showing up sequentially, regardless of forum section it was posted in. *I could be a blind idiot but I don't see such a button on this forum? *It would be handy if it is possible to add one here! *Right now I just look for the little round icon to be highlighted next to each section that has a new post and then I go click to find it. *Anyway- these forums seem great- thought I'd mention this idea either A) so you all could ponder adding it, or B) laugh at me and show me it is already in use and tell me how to find it. *:)

Hey you can laugh at me because it is likely available but I don't know that it is. I would say stick with your current strategy and I will let you know if that feature is available...right now, I don' think it is. And this software is "canned"...we didn't write it...so it is what it is!

Speaking of Active Buttons, for some reason the "Unread or New Posts" button won't go off after I have been in the file.* Even if I have clicked on*all of the files.

If I click "Mark all as Read" it clears them but that wasn't necessary before.

Another small problem has been on going.* When I do Spell check from the top bar on Google it sometimes will allow me to go in and correct the spelling but most of the times it clicks off as I try to slide down to correct words.* If I hold down on the cursor and drag it off of the Check box it will stay active to do the spell corrections.*

I use it on other sites and it works correctly.

I'm using Explorer and Google up top.

Thanks.

JD, the people that we "rent" this software from have been doing some modifications lately and some things have changed. The only thing I can say is keep experimenting and do whatever works for you. I think what you have is the browser and the spell check and the software just aren't playing that well together. Not much I can do except to suggest you try a way that works well enough for you.

Thanks

Sorry I couldn't offer a better solution!...
blankstare.gif

Seems to be working again.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom