Looking to buy a GS 43 MK II

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Kent just an FYI in addition to the work done by the Perkins diesel mechanic I also had him replace all the raw water impellers on the engines as well as the generator. My generator is not the original it was replaced about 6 years ago and it has 460 hours on it. I had trouble with it and it was a bad oil pressure sender. Once that was diagnosed and replaced it runs very well. It's also an 1800 rpm Westerbeke so it's quiet.
Bill

A few more pics from around the boat - should be recognizable to all the Gulfstar owners out there. One thing that's kind of hard to see is the amazing custom cabinetry work in the master cabin done by the original owner. Really A+ work, and a ton of storage.

-Kent
Just found this posting of yours, so my question on the other subject thread as to whether you had found a vessel for use in the USA is now a moot one.

In my search for a live-aboard trawler I got swayed over to a motoryacht,...more specifically to a 42 Chris Craft Catalina model. Look at the layout on this vessel,....very liveable. And these vessels are all glass with almost no reports of 'cored' construction problems.

There were a number of them on the market at very attractive prices. I even started through the process of buying one of them, but had to back out,.....in the end could not convince my Thai wife to a liveaboard situation. :facepalm:

Have fun in France, and hope to hear of your latest jaunts thru the canals.

Attachments

• Chris Craft 425_426_427 Catalina.pdf
    271.8 KB · Views: 69
What did you pay for your Gulfstar. we look at a 73 tomorrow with twin turbo perkins. How is the parts situation

If they are turbo Perkins engines they are not original for this boat.

What did you pay for your Gulfstar. we look at a 73 tomorrow with twin turbo perkins. How is the parts situation

I appreciate the feedback. But we visited the boat today and it was part of all of the original paper work.

If you happen to be interested in a 1976 36 Mark II Gulfstar I'm considering selling mine for $17k. It's in Essex Maryland currently on the hard. I have a recent survey <6 months old and I have a pair of the Perkins 4-154 62hp engines which I don't have a problem with them. The boat also has a newer Westerbeke 4.8 kw AC generator with a 50 amp alternator 1800rpm diesel.
I'm only considering selling the Gulfstar because it's over 120 miles away and I don't have much spare time lately. If interested the boat is at the old Rileys marina and can be seen almost anytime. She is mechanically and structurally sound it needs some wiring and updating of the interior. I'd prefer to find another GS 36 MarkII or something slightly smaller in NJ. I might even be interested in a Bayliner 2859 as a trade I'm thinking a boat that can be trailered might be better for me.
Bill
b.lentz@certifiedrf.com

Have a 43 GS Mark II
No window leaks... We have original windows... Have a place in V Berth where it has leaked at some time, but not leaking when we bought the boat. Also have a large window that leaked due to no one taking care of it... We bough the boat and resealed the window and no more leaks. Have no leaks with any of the small side windows. They work great and I open them often.
Engine room:,my husbands favorite saying... "If only I could fold myself up like a pretzel"!
It is not large but we manage and sometimes I go in because I'm 100 lbs and can get to some things easier.
She handles great. We are happy with her! Gets a little tender in a beam sea.
We love this old girl as she is easy on fuel and we have all the creature comforts... Solar, wind, two friges, a chest freezer and washer/ dryer, and most important a queen bed... As we r gettin old. Ha! Husband says she's a great value for the price! Hope this helps you.
Judy & Cris
Aboard Distant Star

Congrats on the new purchase. Our 1973 Mark 1 43ft has turbo Perkins, original, for what that's worth. Just put her up for sale in the Classifieds.

we bought a 1976 mk11 43 a short while ago and love it, the room and the upper and lower nav stations. Particularly like the way she handles as that big keel really keeps her going where you want and the 2 Perkins make manouvering real easy. Havent figured it all out yet but getting there slowly.

Back
Top Bottom