View Single Post
Old 06-15-2014, 07:01 AM   #6
rwidman
Guru

City: North Charleston, SC
Quote:
Originally Posted by degidio View Post
We are looking forward to a live-aboard life in a few years, at least on a part-time basis (~4 months or so out of the year, nice weather months in the PNW area.)

We'll most likely have a boat mid-30's. We are adventurous, but I would say until I developed a certain comfort level for the boats operations we would be doing day trips. Inside passage is on the bucket list, but down the road.

What do you look for in a marina? Are their "must-have" services? Is a car necessary?
We all have different wants and needs in a marina so what I might want might not be what you want. For example, many people would want an on-site or nearby bar. I don't. I would like a swimming pool but many folks wouldn't care for or use a swimming pool.

Some marinas are in the heart of big cities, some are in the boondocks. Some have cable TV, some do not. Some are inexpensive, some are pretty pricey.

In the end, just like a house or apartment, it's you who will be living there and it's you who has to determine which marina suits your needs, wants and budget.
rwidman is offline   Reply With Quote