Abacos trip coming up

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cardude01

Guru
Vessel Name
Bijou
Vessel Make
2008 Island Packet PY/SP
ImageUploadedByTrawler Forum1402620161.285676.jpg

Flying to Marsh Harbour Saturday to pick up this Summerland 40. I'm going to feel very French. Hope it doesn't have all that writing on the hulls...

A buddy and his family are meeting us there a few days later in a 41 Fountaine Pajot sailing cat.

Going to try to make it around the Whale weather permitting. Looking forward to going to Green Turtle Cay.

Will try to post up some picks when we get back.

Last edited:
Nice to hear!

We decided to skip the abacos and go straight toward the exumas since we've cruised the abaco area multiple times, we figured we might as well go straight toward the exumas and spend more time there and also we'll probably go by Eleuthera.

Cool. How did the Exumas compare to the Abacos? Less crowded? Less touristy?

Do y'all anchor out or stay at marinas mostly? We are going to try to anchor out quite a bit this time if I can figure out how get the anchor set. :)

Geeze, Cardude, why didn't you tell me that. I've got two Summerlands and a Cumberland sitting down there doing nothing. I hope you're plan includes bringing home the Summerland. Can't wait to hear your feedback on that boat.....it should have everything you want, save a little more galley storage and a stand-up engine room.

Cool. How did the Exumas compare to the Abacos? Less crowded? Less touristy?

Do y'all anchor out or stay at marinas mostly? We are going to try to anchor out quite a bit this time if I can figure out how get the anchor set. :)

sorry I kind of worded that so it sounds like we made the trip already. We just were thinking a little while ago and figured we've already have seen what the abaco's has to offer, so why not try something new. This will allow us to be on the type of schedule where if we wake up and like where were are we'll stay for a couple days. nothing beats not being on a schedule, that's for sure!

View attachment 30518

Flying to Marsh Harbour Saturday to pick up this Summerland 40. I'm going to feel very French. Hope it doesn't have all that writing on the hulls...

By the way, Dude, not to worry about the Summerland Logo on the hull, but they did paint them a nice caribbean blue-green and of course, couldn't resist the billboard ad.:hide::whistling:

Attachments

• Summerland rental.jpg
    Summerland rental.jpg
    88.6 KB · Views: 101
???????

Too funny. That will be my luck--having "rent me" all over it.

I'll be easy to pick out as the newbie anyway, fumbling with my anchor and struggling to dock that big, tall, square beast, but the billboard on the side would be too much.

And I will bring back one of your Summerlands for you if you want me to. ?

ImageUploadedByTrawler Forum1403002431.514438.jpg
Tied up at Black Sound Marina in Green Turtle. This boat is pretty interesting. Burns about 2.75 gal hour both engines at 7.5 knots, and will get up on a step and do 15 knots if you want to. We ran away from a thunderstorm on Manjack and the speed was nice to have. The brochure on board says that's burning about 12 gallons an hour however.

ImageUploadedByTrawler Forum1403002475.003248.jpg
Moored at Fishers Bay on Great Guana

ImageUploadedByTrawler Forum1403002722.822135.jpg
Slip at Marsh Hatbour.

ImageUploadedByTrawler Forum1403002818.802398.jpg
Black Sound, Green Turtle. Nice blue hull PDQ MV 34 in the background. The Whale Passage was easy on the way over here. Hope the weather holds for the way back.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom