View Single Post
Old 06-11-2014, 04:49 PM   #2
Capt.Bill11
Guru

City: Sarasota/Ft. Lauderdale
1. Sorry I can't help you on that.

2. In most cases bigger is better. And a lot of people regret buying a boat that turns out to be to small for them. And they quickly find that they have out grown it. So I would look at 34' - 36' if you think 32' is enough.
You should also consider chartering a few boats before you buy. Both for training and to get a better idea what size boat you are really going to be comfortable on.

3. You do. Your broker should be able to explain all the steps for you.

4. Yes and yes in most all cases.

5. That depends on a number of things. How busy all parties involved are, where the boat is located, etc. But a week or two is normal.

6. $250-$350 a day is in the ball park. The training should cover boat handling, nag skills, basic engineering, anchoring, basic general maintenance, etc.
No way to tell how long it will take. Depends on a lot of factors that aren't known at this point. Again, consider chartering with a captain before you buy.

7. Could be depending on what all you need/want. Could easily be double if you want the latest, greatest and biggest. Installation costs can vary greatly depending on what equipment you're getting, access to run cable and if any custom enclosures have to be made.

8. Not for me. Sight tubes rarely fail or give false readings. :-)
Capt.Bill11 is offline   Reply With Quote