Getting ready for the Fourth of July

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

markpierce

Master and Commander
Vessel Name
Carquinez Coot
Vessel Make
penultimate Seahorse Marine Coot hull #6
Getting the 10-gauge cannon ready:

img_240816_0_8d6fceb6d41bce5eb08cb7f8590d30fd.jpg

Nightcap will love this picture! Maybe you'll consider putting it on the guns thread? :)

My dog's least favorite day of the year!

img_240854_0_c3bbc07168d8263919bd3d7ca3efbb6a.jpg

I won't tread on you! Heck, I won't approach within 10nm!

I hate being on the water on the major summer holidays. Amateurs abound. Every boat that floats is out there with a full cooler (or three), a tank of gas, and a hankering for fun at any price. And sometimes that price is fatal to someone, other times it just damages property and egos.

And then there's the yahoo with a cannon. :eek: :angel:

I wouldn't want to pop off any rounds within earshot of Kings Bay, or any other military installation.

Hey Mark, if YOU MUST use your toy, at least yell out a "Fire in the Hole". The idiots that insist on firing off a cannon in a crowded anchorage should consider that we all don't know it's going to happen, and don't appreciate the start we get when it goes off (not to mention the dog goes ballistic for 15 minutes). Mostly Vets are the culprit here (and I'm a Vet), but at least in the military, we knew it was coming.

be careful... your liable to get accosted and tied up by a group of crazed greenies with a hemp rope and drug around by a pack of Prius's. It is California after all.. :)

Blast away!
HOLLYWOOD

Greetings,
A close relative is a Viet Nam vet. Fireworks, cannons either close or distant are a no-no. Seems especially bad with distant, repeated "booms" as in a fireworks display. He gets VERY, VERY nervous.

Skipper is okay once she sees the fireworks, but the initial booms do not make for a happy dog. She still wants to be held so I sit in the cockpit (or on the bow) and watch the pretties with her.

The Fourth of July though? Can't say I'm looking forward to the idiots on the water. I'll have to find some place that's off the beaten path for the holiday. And hot dogs. Nathan's ought to be about right. Those, on a grill (charcoal is best) are about perfect. Wish I had one right now.

Or two.

And cannons are cool. That one on Coot is beautiful. :)

If your coming up to Manderville

I'll look forward to seeing/ hearing it. Looks like one of those old Bangsight carbide cannons we had as kids. I would be very careful around Port Costa, the orange boats have the real thing.

I'll look forward to seeing/ hearing it. Looks like one of those old Bangsight carbide cannons we had as kids. I would be very careful around Port Costa, the orange boats have the real thing.

I think you mean the ammo depot at Port Chicago. In Port Costa, you don't want to rile the bikers.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom