New forum category or subcategory

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bligh

Guru
Vessel Name
Concerto
Vessel Make
1980 Cheoy Lee
Would you consider making a nordic tugs forum category ? maybe even if its under the 'tug' design category. Nordic tugs has a message list, but no where to post pictures or to browse threads (unlike ranger tugs who has their own forum). I think it could be popular and it would be the only dedicated Nordic Tugs forum on the internet. If there is one, I can post pictures to it from the sentoa list and create some traffic there. Plus of course you will lure all the potential buyers there.
thanks
Scott

Thanks for the suggestion - we're looking at this and think it's a good idea - stay tuned for an update ;)

Hey Scott,

Thanks for the suggestion. TBH, it wasn't too terribly long ago that we combined a couple of tug sub-forums into a single one and revamped the title and descriptions of ALL the make-specific forums (Actually Craig did all the leg-work on that). We kinda decided we had too many forums that just don't get much. if any, traffic. If you parooz the tug forum with any frequency, (or most of the make-specific sub-forums) you know that there is very little traffic in there. That by itself doesn't mean there is no need, but it's the truth.

We don't discount your idea to once again breakout a Nortic Tug forum again and we're here for you if you really want it, but as mods and forum owners, we just don't see the need for it at this time as there is already an overwhelming number of forums here. And yet, the VAST majority either post in the General section or one of the specific maintenance sections.

Convince us otherwise. We are here to help the community. If there is a call for it, we will put it back

If the SENTOA crowd ever picked up on this it would be a hit. But the email list is still very active.

Well, the sentoa list is active to a point. 'Lists' in general IMO are antiquated and not forward thinking. Also, I believe their members are older. There are a lot of used nordic tugs on the market. As these boats change hands, the new generation of owners (like myself) are going to be more tech savvy and want more from a digital forum than a list server provides. Forums allow private messaging, photos, videos and other options that list servers don't allow.
At some point someone will make a nordic tugs forum and it will probably populate itself over time if managed somewhat responsibly.
Personally, I thought that if TF had a NT forum, I could post messages in sentoa with links to photos and videos in my TF threads. I'm not sure I could carry the whole endeavor, myself, but if the sentoa people could be at least pointed to TF occasionally they might be inclined to visit TF more often.
Another observation is that the nordic tug Facebook group seems totally disconnected from the sentoa list. They could also be made aware of a NT forum.
Regardless, I really enjoy TF and will still be happy if no changes are made at this point.
Scott

You and I may well be the youngest Nordic Tug owners...

I get the occasional PNNTOA email from Mr Billings, but I am not a member.

Well, the sentoa list is active to a point. 'Lists' in general IMO are antiquated and not forward thinking. Also, I believe their members are older. There are a lot of used nordic tugs on the market. As these boats change hands, the new generation of owners (like myself) are going to be more tech savvy and want more from a digital forum than a list server provides. Forums allow private messaging, photos, videos and other options that list servers don't allow.
At some point someone will make a nordic tugs forum and it will probably populate itself over time if managed somewhat responsibly.
Personally, I thought that if TF had a NT forum, I could post messages in sentoa with links to photos and videos in my TF threads. I'm not sure I could carry the whole endeavor, myself, but if the sentoa people could be at least pointed to TF occasionally they might be inclined to visit TF more often.
Another observation is that the nordic tug Facebook group seems totally disconnected from the sentoa list. They could also be made aware of a NT forum.
Regardless, I really enjoy TF and will still be happy if no changes are made at this point.
Scott

Can't you still do all of this? Even if you have to share the list with other brands of tugs? Aren't there common topic you could share with American Tug owners or Lord Nelson owners?

Can't you still do all of this? Even if you have to share the list with other brands of tugs? Aren't there common topic you could share with American Tug owners or Lord Nelson owners?

Sure. But driving Internet traffic here to begin with is a different story. Google and other search engines will take notice of a forum titled Nordic Tugs, especially if there is content present. The more traffic driven to TF should result in more memberships and more content. It will take time to happen, but being the first on the block to do it is half the battle.

Just mention "Nordic Tug" in any posting and Google (and most other search engine) will pick it up whether or not it is in a particular forum or subforum.

Just mention "Nordic Tug" in any posting and Google (and most other search engine) will pick it up whether or not it is in a particular forum or subforum.

True and not true.

Back
Top Bottom