Outboard hood

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Rswett

Vessel Make
Ta Chiao CT 35
I lost my outboard hood(cowl) in a storm and am having a heck of a time finding a replacement. It's off a 1997 suzuki DF9.9. Apparently it's no longer available from suzuki and eBay has nothing. I don't have faith in hiring a diver to look for the original that flew off at my slip. The tides and currents in Portland Maine probably moved it far away at this point. Does anyone have thoughts on replacements? I love the outboard and hate to have to replace it for this. Thanks guys.

Personally I would throw the dice on the diver.
Otherwise log a search on eBay and be patient.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Trawler

Call several Suzuki service shops in your area. They may have an old one laying around. My OMC/BRP dealer used to keep at least one of every model J/E hood in a shipping container out back.

I took a huge wake in our Boston Whaler at 18 kts,(my fault for not paying attention) went airborne and lost the cowling to our 20 hp four stroke mercury outboard and am looking for the cowling also. No luck so far.

Thugs steal them for resale on ebay off bigger engines I am told. They are expensive. Any help is appreciated.

Most every dead outboard has a usable hood. Check with many outboard shops. They are out there.

The first gen Suzuki four strokes are not that common. My next post will be about making a mold for building one myself because that's how I want to spend my time during the 2 months of good boating in Maine. Arrgh.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom