Recharging Your Holding Tank Vent Filter

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Well dang it......But it is a good idea...

Thanks for posting I hope I can remember this . I just bought new filter yesterday and it was around $100 . The entire filter and kit was cheaper than just the filter alone . I'm not sure what brand I bought but maybe I can use the ends the same way .

The Active Captain Wednesday email covered this this morning. Amazingly simple way to eliminate the need to buy $80 filters once or twice a year! $2 in parts and $12 worth of charcoal a year. Jeff had a link to the Nordic Tug site as well.

The Active Captain Wednesday email covered this this morning. Amazingly simple way to eliminate the need to buy $80 filters once or twice a year! $2 in parts and $12 worth of charcoal a year. Jeff had a link to the Nordic Tug site as well.

yep, that is where I got the instructions from....But :banghead:

And it is incredible that Sealand and others sell something so simple and cheap to make for almost $100.

David

And it is incredible that Sealand and others sell something so simple and cheap to make for almost $100.

David

Hey, they know those rich boaters can afford $100 buck filters, no biggy! Of course I am speaking as a guy who is staring down both barrels of a bottom peel and blister repair job soon. Break out the boat bucks :facepalm:

it takes a lot of marketing money to sell stuff you don't really need....not many boats I've been on had them and never noticed...been on a few where they were pugged and needed replacing...

I did this to mine but rather than the threaded male/female fittings I used an actual PVC union.
His is cheaper and just as effective but I like the union.
But it does work and is a lot cheaper.

The only thing I did wrong was toss my older ones.

Back
Top Bottom