Canvas Windshield?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Vessel Name
Alaskan Sea-Duction
Vessel Make
1988 M/Y Camargue YachtFisher
Hey everyone,

Can anyone steer me toward a provider for a canvas windshield. I am having my boat re-canvased and the bridge has 3 panels in front. I would like to make the center panel glass with a windshield wiper for those days when we have liquid sunshine here in the PNW.

What is the actual term to describe this?:confused:

I have seen two types, one that has small bolts around it and one that looks like the glass was fused into the canvas, no bolts. Thanks for your help.

Brian at canvas supply, does a top notch job. Out of Seattle. They did my enclosure including a large window with two wipers.

Sent from my iPhone using Trawler Forum

It may be a bit far north for you, or south, depending on where you currently are, but Will in Campbell River does exceptional work. His company, Friendly Bear Fabricating, doesn't have a web site but he can be located at:

Friendly Bear Fabricating

Well I am going with AJR: http://www.ajr-windows.com/Canvas.html

I like their design and customer service over the phone. very friendly folks. They are running between 8-12 weeks behind but I don't need it now. The cost will be between $800 and $1100 depending on what options I want.

IF you have a glass center section the wiper motor will need a hole drilled in the glass (no big deal) as well as a mounting block glued on to the glass for a wiper motor.

AS a minimum just a hole and hand powered wiper might do.

IF you have a glass center section the wiper motor will need a hole drilled in the glass (no big deal) as well as a mounting block glued on to the glass for a wiper motor.

AS a minimum just a hole and hand powered wiper might do.

The windshield 12Vdc motor will already be mounted. I can even get a washer too as a option.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom