water tank sending unit

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Wxx3

Dauntless Award
Vessel Name
Dauntless
Vessel Make
Kadey Krogen 42 - 148
The contacts on my two water tanks have corroded and broke.

I need to replace both sending units.

When I do search, I keep getting sending units for fuel tanks. Do they work with water tanks??

It's not obvious to me why they wouldn't, but that is usually a sign for me that I better ask:facepalm:

Richard

We also have a Wema tank sender and gauge for our water tank, seems pretty accurate; although we have a dipstick to verify true level of our water.

I gave up on senders and other "level" indicators early on. Bought a Watercounter, one of the very best upgrades we did on the boat. Not only tells you exactly what you have left, but very useful in knowing what is consumed by various uses, such as long/short showers, various modes of laundry and dish washing, etc etc. If you spend a lot of extended time away from the dock (anchoring, mooring, cruising) like we did for a few years, an invaluable device IMO. We got the original WC1.

The World's Best Potable Water Management System For Boats and Rv's | WaterCounter

Wema can make on of any length you desire. One note though is that the U.S. and European Standards are opposite in whether 0 ohms is full or empty. Might check and see what gauge requires. Reversing polarity does not work.

I also use a WEMA works without problem and they'll build for any depth tank.

The original water gauge in my 35 year old trawler never worked well, so in perpetration for last summer's cruise to Southeast Alaska I installed the Watercounter reader. My 40' Willard has a single 300 gallon water tank, but my wife always worried about running short for showers and dish washing. I was constantly, and unnecessarily, refilling the tank. The Watercounter solved that problem, and knowing our daily consumption makes it easy to plan ahead for marina visits where we can take on fresh water. Btw, I use a separate water counter attached to my hose to measure what goes into the tank.

Back
Top Bottom