Buying Alaska - Boat Hunters

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Nsail

On Destination Channel right now. The show is about buying property in Alaska, but the this couple is looking for a live aboard boat. It's similar to House Hunters on HGTV.

It will be replayed at 9:30 Pacific time. Destination Channel on Comcast here in the bay area is 771.

Not great, but a little interesting.

On Destination Channel right now. The show is about buying property in Alaska, but the this couple is looking for a live aboard boat. It's similar to House Hunters on HGTV.

It will be replayed at 9:30 Pacific time. Destination Channel on Comcast here in the bay area is 771.

Not great, but a little interesting.

I watch the show from time to time and am amazed that apparently 90% of the people buying property seem to be buying around Homer. They need to get out to the bush, Nome, Galena, or even Cantwell or Talkeetna to show a bit of the other Alaska. It is a very TAME show imo. They could do much better........but at a higher cost I guess.

I watched it once.

They make a big deal of exaggerating Alaska.

I've been in Alaska for 24 years.

We have a normal house with all utilities, and a paved driveway.

Our summers are great. Its warm and we play on our lake in shorts all summer.

Winters suck.

Heres a photo I just captured from one of the security cameras.

The lake just went out (became unfrozen) 3 days ago. I haven't launched the pontoon boat yet, and the water will be too cold for the seadoos for another month or so.

Attachments

• ourview.jpg
    ourview.jpg
    39.2 KB · Views: 113
These shows are all the same

Hey these shows are shows, they have to exaggerate everything to add drama. Sorry about winter, it's been in the high 80's low nineties here. Water skiers have been skiing for over a month. The late rain has the grass tall and green the trees have leaved out it's gorgeous right now. No snow this winter means a bad fire season and water shortages. Oh well you CAN'T HAVE IT ALL.

Hey these shows are shows, they have to exaggerate everything to add drama. Sorry about winter, it's been in the high 80's low nineties here. Water skiers have been skiing for over a month. The late rain has the grass tall and green the trees have leaved out it's gorgeous right now. No snow this winter means a bad fire season and water shortages. Oh well you CAN'T HAVE IT ALL.

Well Steve....

Your area is one that we're going to be spending some time at in our boat.

We're gearing up for snowbirding.

Funny story, one of my renters, an Oral Surgeon from Juneau who travels here monthly, was asked to be the "person buying the boat". It turns out (and I love and watch these shows) that many of the "couples" are pretending to be buying... and they only pick three to show, while they actually looked at a bunch..

The show seems also to concentrate on those who want to be far from anything when it deals with purchasing land homes. I remember one couple that didn't like a house because a road came close and you could actually drive your car there. They wanted park far away and use snowmobiles. And couples who are fine with no electricity.

I'll look forward to it

Well Steve....

Your area is one that we're going to be spending some time at in our boat.

We're gearing up for snowbirding.
To bad Mexico sounds iffy for the near future. Winters here are pleasant, but the scenery is nothing like you have in the summer.

To bad Mexico sounds iffy for the near future. Winters here are pleasant, but the scenery is nothing like you have in the summer.

Mexico is longer term.

There is allot to explore along the California coast first.

We all tend to take for granted the things we see every day. I've seen the Alaska scenery for 24 years. Yes it's wonderful but exploring your neck of the woods, sounds just as wonderful, and its a change from what we see every day.

Something we lack in Alaska is the ability to explore much history. I say that then I think about the gold miners and all to see around Haines and Skagway, but all the same Alaskas history is relativly recent.

Plus, we're after warmth. How warm, we've yet to define because if you're used to below zero, the 50's feel tropical for awhile.

I remember conversing with you about what to do with our boats. We always knew our boat was going to serve as a floating get away/ second home.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom