New member in NC

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

budzuk

Vessel Name
Moonshine III
Just wanted to say hello. We are in Swansboro, NC. The town is building a 10 slip public dock with power, H2O, and pumpout. Local politics have delayed opening but hope it will open soon. We are buying a 1989 36 saberline, shakedown and survey this week.

Will the dock be free?

Waterfront towns always face the problem of competing with local marinas. Our town- Oriental just finished a new 3-4 boat free dock. It is adjacent to a private marina.

The private marina owner isn't too happy with the adjacent free dock. But the free public dock doesn't have water or power, only dock space. So I think that he isn't loosing too much business. The real users of that free dock are those who would have otherwise anchored out.

And that brings me to the point of all of this. I have anchored in Swansboro several times. It is an ok anchorage, but not great because of the current. And I never went ashore.

So with ten (free?) slips available I sure would tie up and probably spend some money on shore, which is the whole point of public docks.

David

That would be a nice addition in that town. I alway just motor on by, but would consider stopping if there is a decent place to tie.

Will it be in the downtown area?

Just wanted to say hello. We are in Swansboro, NC. The town is building a 10 slip public dock with power, H2O, and pumpout. Local politics have delayed opening but hope it will open soon. We are buying a 1989 36 saberline, shakedown and survey this week.

Welcome Budzuk, it will be nice to have another Sabre on board. Maybe it won't be so lonely after all. I hope your seatrial and survey go well. I have spent a lot of time around Swansboro. I had two friends with homes, docks, and boats on Queens Creek. Lots of great memories there. I still like Captain Charlies baked stuffed shrimp.

Bud suck: what model Sabre do you have? Trawler?

That would be a nice addition in that town. I alway just motor on by, but would consider stopping if there is a decent place to tie.

Will it be in the downtown area?

Ski, You spend too much time on the computor. Now get to work !! ha-ha. We spent last fall at St. Lucie (working), winter in the Keys, Spring at St. Lucie (working), now heading to Bahamas on Friday. The engines are still running great...knocking on wood.
Budzuk, welcome to the show. Thanks for the info on the town dock. Thats a nice little town. We stopped in a couple days to wait out some really bad weather.

Attachments

• IMG_1239.jpg
    IMG_1239.jpg
    100.5 KB · Views: 73
budzuk: sorry for the auto correct spelling.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom