Great Site

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

illusion

I have been reading the forums for a bit and thought it was about time to join and say hello. Won't be able to contribute trawler wise but have a fair bit of boating experience. The wife and me currently have a 35 foot planing launch and use this for long weekends and day trips, plus lots of fishing. We are looking to upgrade at some point to something more substantial and more suited to extended coastal cruising or possibly an ocean crosser. Shes a land lubber at heart so that may be a hard sell:banghead: She likes coastal cruising though so we will see.

In the meantime I'm here to learn more about trawlers and the makes available as the more I look at them the more I like them. Although I still haven't got my head around 8 knots max !

regards, adrian

Welcome Adrian, 8 knots is fast!! but the scenery is nice at slow speed.

Welcome aboard. May you receive a great deal of knowledge from the Forum.

Welcome Adrian,

Another member from the southern hemisphere is good to keep things in balance.

btw - I once did 8 knots with some help from the surf. WOOAHHHH - it was so exhilarating. :)

Welcome to TF. This is a great place to get your questions answered. Also, we have ONE MAIN rule.

If you don't post pictures, you don't have it, didn't go there, didn't use your boat and none of us are going to believe you.

Not really, but that's a rather direct way of saying we like to see pics of where you boat, you and your family on the boat, and of the boat itself.

Welcome Adrian, 8 knots is fast!!

Wifey B: For reverse....hehe

Sorry. Trawlering isn't about the speed. It's the attitude, the type of exploring and enjoying. No way I'm going 8 knots either.

Adrian,Welcome to trawlering. You`ll find getting there is half the fun, it has to be when 8 knots is comfortable cruising max.

Adrian,Welcome to trawlering. You`ll find getting there is half the fun, it has to be when 8 knots is comfortable cruising max.

Wifey B: Algebraic analysis necessary.....

If getting there is half the fun at 8 knots and Adrian goes 16 knots then what percentage of the fun is getting there for Adrian?

Wifey B: Algebraic analysis necessary.....

If getting there is half the fun at 8 knots and Adrian goes 16 knots then what percentage of the fun is getting there for Adrian?
Let`s see. How to introduce "making a virtue out of necessity" into an arithmetical or algebra formula?
As a mathematical disappointment right through school, it`s a pass from me, but a gentle negotiated one, after a courtesy radio call.

Yes, welcome aboard Adrian, from another Kiwi - ex-Kiwi anyway. I cut my teeth with trailer yachts over there. One regret was I never got to do the Hauraki in our last boat there, a Gazelle 26. Did all the other North Island Lakes and the Bay of Islands. The Hauraki was still on the bucket list when we moved here to Brisbane. Where do you have your boat. Westhaven or one of the Eastern or Northern bays..?
I actually proposed to my future wife in a wee bus shed on Waiheke…it's still thee I think. Ahhhh, that was 1967 mind you…
Brought the Gazelle over here, but Moreton Bay does not lend itself to sail nearly as well…now I love just jumping' on...turning a key...casting off…and heading out…bliss…
Mind you…if I could just wave a magic wand, and transport Lotus to those Marlborough Sounds now...

Welcome aboard! This is a friendly group as long as you avoid the "A" word. The "A" word is that thing that holds the boat in place and is attached to the boat by a long chain or rope. Don't ask about them. The thread will never end!

Welcome aboard! This is a friendly group as long as you avoid the "A" word. The "A" word is that thing that holds the boat in place and is attached to the boat by a long chain or rope. Don't ask about them. The thread will never end!

Yes, it's been a long "rode" that just keeps getting longer.:D

Don, I'm groaning and shaking my head.

It's true what HopCar says. But it sounds as if you might be considering the move to a "full displacement" hull for the more serious cruising you mentioned. This is an easy topic with virtually no controversy. Welcome aboard, by the way.

Back
Top Bottom