Raymarine ST7000 Autohelm failed

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fryedaze

Guru
Vessel Name
Fryedaze
Vessel Make
MC 42 (Overseas Co) Monk 42
My ST7000 display/controller on the bridge went blank. The lower helm ST6000 unit works fine. I checked the voltages on the pins to the seatalk connection to the ST7000 and they are the same as the ST6000. So it looks like a problem with the ST7000 unit.
Does anyone have any experience or ideas of repair/replacement strategy?

Have you tried powering down everything, then cleaning the contacts at both the SeaTalk switch and at the AP unit then reconnecting everything? With all the issues I've had with my Raymarine system, cleaning the contacts works 9 times out of ten.

SteveH

Have you tried powering down everything, then cleaning the contacts at both the SeaTalk switch and at the AP unit then reconnecting everything? With all the issues I've had with my Raymarine system, cleaning the contacts works 9 times out of ten.

SteveH

I have good signal to the unit as measured on the three pin connector at the unit.

I bought a new display on ebay for $350 +- when mine died. Another issue was resolved when I located a corroded splice in the engine room.

I bought a new display on ebay for $350 +- when mine died. Another issue was resolved when I located a corroded splice in the engine room.

It looks like that is the path I am taking. $350 for an ebay refurbished unit with new LCD screen and then a $100 refund if you turn in your old unit.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom