View Single Post
Old 07-01-2010, 11:41 AM   #16
Delfin
Grand Vizier

RE: Tandem anchoring

Nomad, like you I was interested in Smith's discussion of hole placement for attachment.* Once I read it, it made perfect sense that if you tug on a Bruce, or a CQR, etc. at the top of the shank, you'll tend to pull the plane of the flukes more to vertical resulting in a pop out.* Attaching to the lower hole shouldn't cause that problem, so that basically means that you couldn't attach a tandem to a Bruce, CQR, Danforth, etc. because they don't have the right place to make the attachment.* The Manson is just a Rocna knock off, so it would work, like the Rocna.

I think you've got the right sequence on how to deploy, but I don't think you want to try to set the tandem before the primary.* I think I agree with Smith that the tandem should just be laid on the bottom, then lower the primary and set it.* If the tandem just lies there doing nothing, great, you didn't need it.* If the primary starts dragging, then you have a shot at slowing down the drag and holding as the tandem digs in, which it certainly should given the infinity :1 scope it has relative to the primary.* Again, we are talking about theoretics that only apply in really bad situations, but that is the time I find I need a thought out plan already in mind because my brain doesn't work at those times.

I don't think I've seen that boat.* Kind of looks like a Malahide that has had the P/H remodeled.* If you get a chance, perhaps you can i.d. her for me.
Delfin is offline   Reply With Quote