Score!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

angus99

Guru
Vessel Name
Stella Maris
Vessel Make
Defever 44
Looks like we bought a boat. The papers are signed and we're moving toward closing on an '87 Defever 44. The current owner has taken amazingly good care of her and she did very well in the surveys. It was great to learn that the overall condition matched the bling. We'll be moving her to the Chesapeake sometime this summer. So many on this forum have been extremely helpful, but I owe special thanks to Moonstruck, Sailor of Fortune, Boatpoker and Yachtbrokerguy. Don, Jack, Wallace and Tucker: when we meet, the beer's on me.

Also, a major endorsement for Bill Gladding. If you need a surveyor anywhere near Jacksonville, Bill is extremely thorough, honest, highly competent and a genuinely nice guy.

Finally, brokers sometimes take some hard knocks on this site. It was a relief and a great pleasure to work with Curtis Stokes, who handled this with integrity and professionalism.

Very nice! Where on the Chesapeake will you call home? Our boat will be docked at Doziers Regatta Point in Deltaville, VA.
If you are in the area let's meet up.

Welcome to the DeFever family. She's a beautiful boat. I have quite a few friends with DF44's. She'll take you anywhere you want to go in safety and comfort.

Well done!

What is her name or what will you call her?

Welcome to the DeFever family. She's a beautiful boat. I have quite a few friends with DF44's. She'll take you anywhere you want to go in safety and comfort.

Well done!

What is her name or what will you call her?
Thanks! Haven't settled on a name yet, although "Stella Maris" is high on our list.

Jeff, you're one of the folks who gave me really helpful advice. Thanks for that and, of course, for the mother of all helpful websites.

Jeff, you're one of the folks who gave me really helpful advice.

The best thanks is crossing paths and cruising together. I'd be happy to find an anchorage with you along the way. I'd love a tour of your boat some time too. I like the off-color engine rails - that's an interesting idea. I'm in the process of touching up mine right now.

The best thanks is crossing paths and cruising together. I'd be happy to find an anchorage with you along the way. I'd love a tour of your boat some time too.

Sounds great! We'll be moving her a week at a time and I'll post when we get started.

Congrats! Love that engine room!!!

Dang that is a clean looking yacht!
Have fun with her!
Hollywood

Congratulations.

That's a hell of boat you got there mister!

Just relax and be happy. By the way, don't forget to change oil of the motors every now and then

It is so nice to see a well cared for vessel! The PO certainly put a lot of time and money into maintenance. Enjoy!

I like that Plexiglas in front of the engine. Nice and as my flywheel is huge, I'll look at something similar. Thanks.

P.S. - Congratulations on your girl. She's a beauty.

Congratulations! Welcome to the joy of DeFever ownership. Hope to see you in Deltaville.

Beautiful boat, congratulations. I've always liked the looks of those, classic.

Ian, congratulations on getting it done. It would have been a shame to let that one get away. She looks like a great boat. We will look for you on the Bay.

Very nice . Clean clean . Congradulations

They say that the condition of the engine room is indicative of the rest of the boat and systems, etc. The photo of the engine room is a survey stopper! Congratulations!

My goodness! I hope your surveyor boiled his shoes for twenty minutes before stepping foot into the engine room. Very impressive sir!

The varnish looks great, make sure that you keep it up, look carefully for scratches, breaks or points where water can get in like at a seam. It is so very, very much easier to take care of it while it is in good condition than if you get bad spots that later need to be stripped to bare wood.
Bill Gladding just surveyed one of my listings a few weeks ago, he knows what he is doing.

Lovely Boat! But can you say "BRIGHTWORK!" Sure! I KNEW you could!

Clean, nice ER and well laid out. Sounds like a great start to ownership!

Thanks for the kind words, all. We're pretty stoked. For those worried about us working too hard, we spent 8 years restoring a large turn-of-the-19th-century house (in Fort Wood, Don). Starting with something in good shape is a lot more appealing. :thumb:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom