No paragraphs in my posts?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dougcole

Guru
Vessel Name
Morgan
Vessel Make
'05 Mainship 40T
Whenever I make a post or a reply all the paragraphs run together into one. It makes my posts seem like one long crazy rant? Suggestions?

It would help if you posted what sort of device you are using to make your posts.

I use a laptop PC and don't have that problem. I just press the "Enter" key twice when I want to start a new paragraph.

Like this.

Whenever I make a post or a reply all the paragraphs run together into one. It makes my posts seem like one long crazy rant? Suggestions?

What browser are you using when this happens?

I use a laptop and mainly Firefox. Hitting the return key twice doesn't work. I'm not sure why. I double returned between every sentence of this post.

Is your FF installation current?

Doug, I thought all of your posts were supposed to be one long crazy rant. Are you saying they're not?

Well, sometimes they are.....but only when I've been hitting the rum and tonic or somebody ticks me off. I'm an english major, so this really bugs me. Yes, my FF is up to date.

Testing from Firefox..

New paragraph here.

There once was a girl from Nantucket
Who fancied to sit in a bucket
She fell on bad luck when one day she got stuck
Now her ....

there once was a girl from Nantucket Who fancied to sit on a bucket She fell on bad luck,,,

I use a laptop and mainly Firefox. Hitting the return key twice doesn't work. I'm not sure why. I double returned between every sentence of this post.

Does it look right when you type it but not once it's posted or does it all run together when you type it?

It happens to me, but it only does it when I go back and edit it after I post.

Janet / Doug, If you can't finish the limerick in public, please send me a PM.
It's driving me nuts.

Janet / Doug, If you can't finish the limerick in public, please send me a PM.
It's driving me nuts.

Ha. Sorry about that Parks, I don't know the end. Ron, it looks right when I type it into the reply box, it runs together after it is submitted.

Dougcole,

I'm gonna blame the web server in this case, although if you switch to another browser I'll bet your problem goes away. The fact that I see spaces between the "." and the next sentence tells me that the normal Carriage Return is being interpreted as a Space " "

This is intriguing and if I weren't already working my ass off to pay for my cruising habit I'd love to help you out.

However, in the spirit of shits and giggles, can you install maybe Chrome or use IE and see if the problem persists? If you've already done this I apologize for not reading closely enough. I'll bet you a beer or three that the problem goes away with another browser. That doesn't tell us root cause, but it points us in the right direction.

If the problem goes away, then we work the problem from there. I saw that Firefox was up to date, and other users are having no problems using that browser. However at this point that is hearsay, and that is neither here nor there.

Woody

Now her .... butt is so big she can't shuck it.

And you call yourself an English major. Now that's poetry!:D

Back on topic, have you tried a different browser just to see what happens?

Now her .... butt is so big she can't shuck it.

And you call yourself an English major. Now that's poetry!:D

Back on topic, have you tried a different browser just to see what happens?
You've distilled my BS into a limerick and two sentences. Troubleshooting 101. :)

Woody, I hadn't seen your post before I hit the post button or I wouldn't have bothered with my suggestion. You covered it quite well.

I'm one of those guys who calls tech support only to be told to try rebooting it, and it works.

Woody, I hadn't seen your post before I hit the post button or I wouldn't have bothered with my suggestion. You covered it quite well.

I'm one of those guys who calls tech support only to be told to try rebooting it, and it works.

Hopcar, you have good instinct for computer problems.

I'm tired of handling BS computer issues and so next week I will take Polly P out of her slip. No computers will get used. Just me and a compass and my eyeballs. I hope the daymarks are all standing!

Woody

Now her .... shirt tail's too long. She can't tuck it.

Try changing your Trawler Forum editor. Quick links-> Edit options-> scroll down to Misc options Message Editor Interface and try selecting the WYSIWYG editor.

Dave

Last edited:
OK, here is a test with Chrome.

Insert paragraph break here.

And another one.

Well, there we go. V. strange about Firefox, I don't think it always did that.

Thanks for your help everyone.

Hi Doug,

I've used Firefox w/ TF for years. Never had this issue. Did you try the WYSIWYG setting w/ Firefox?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom