jnvoss
Veteran Member

City: Fairview, TX
Vessel Name: Gray Eagle
Vessel Model: 1985 35" CHB
Quote:
Originally Posted by rochepoint View Post
jnvoss

Your original post really got me wondering as some website say that it floats and others say nothing. This afternoon I went to the boat and tried our fully extended, guess what IT FLOATS. On Saturday I sent an email to Robship in Sweden, this is the response......

Hi Mike,

All models float at any time if it coming from the present production.

If it says “Hook&Moor” on the rubber handle it is current production. If it says “Robship” it is previous version.
Current production have reduced weight and also dry silicone lubrication inside the alutube.

From previous versions the 3m model floats only in extended position. Not if it is collapsed. Other models float at any time.

The floating capacity is coming from the smallest tube, which is plugged but also from the air pocket in the biggest tube. So if the hook is extended the air pocket is big and the hook will float with head down and rear handle well above waterline.

If there is a leak in the smallest tube and/or the rear handle the hook will sink.

I recommend that if you drown the hook in seawater please flush with freshwater to reduce risk for corrosion. Let dry in extended position.

Good Luck with your hook!

Eric Carlson
Inventor
Well that is interesting. I do appreciate your efforts and time. I am now eager to go to the lake to see if I have the "Hook&Moor" or the "Robship" Then I will try the different extensions....but still keeping a rope on it! Thanks again.
jnvoss is offline   Reply With Quote