Old 04-09-2014, 03:47 AM   #18
Bay Pelican
Moderator Emeritus

City: Chicago, IL
Vessel Name: Bay Pelican
Vessel Model: Krogen 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by hollywood8118 View Post
has anyone ever actually heard first hand of this?

most countries don't seem to care if the document looks official. when we cruised the so pac we had a embossed boat stamp that we used on all our crew lists and docs we turned in... the "officials" always seemed to think the papers were of higher significance... best $ 75 bucks I ever spent!
HOLLYWOOD
Prior to the new computerized clearance system in Martinique (France) a US state registration was not accepted. 500 Euro fine for trying. The US documentation was closely inspected to determine if it was current.

Under the new system the customs and immigration employees have been replaced by store clerks rubber stamping computer printouts. Often wondered if I could clear in HMS Titanic and use a documentation number of 007.

Haven't seen anyone caught on this issue in Antigua but I would bet there is a significant fine for trying as Antigua seems to have a fine for everything and they are sticklers on the details.

St. Lucia and Grenada require a US documentation number but they have not required me to show them the actual coast guard certificate.