It's official. I'm a trawler owner.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bligh

Guru
Vessel Name
Concerto
Vessel Make
1980 Cheoy Lee
NT37-014

:dance:

Attachments

• Captured 2011-5-21 00000 - Copy.JPG
    Captured 2011-5-21 00000 - Copy.JPG
    150.6 KB · Views: 517
  • 37 Nordic 9.jpg
    37 Nordic 9.jpg
    55.4 KB · Views: 478
  • 37 Nordic 5.jpg
    37 Nordic 5.jpg
    42.4 KB · Views: 458
  • 37 Nordic 4.jpg
    37 Nordic 4.jpg
    28.2 KB · Views: 431
  • 37 Nordic 7.jpg
    37 Nordic 7.jpg
    24 KB · Views: 426
  • 37 Nordic6.jpg
    37 Nordic6.jpg
    37.4 KB · Views: 442
Last edited:
Congratulations! She looks a winner.:thumb::thumb:

Thanks. Its been a long search. It's funny that I originally wanted this boat to begin with, but wrote it off due to its cost. I then searched and searched and finally came back around to this model. I happenned to choose this one due to its cost.

It really is true that every boat is a compromise. The two major compromises I had to make were ; 1) I wanted a sailboat and 2) price. But all my other needs and wants were fulfilled by this boat. When making my decision I made a list just like all have recommended with wants and needs, then I sat down and chose the boat that best fit that list from all the boats I had looked at over the last 7 months.

Nice! Are we excited yet? :dance::lol:

Not yet. She is still on the hard getting a new bottom, getting detailed, and getting new hydraulic lines for the stern thrusters. Hopefully have her back in the water in a week or so.

I also have to put in a BIG plug for the bank employees I worked with Alaska Credit Union; Joann Kendall, Eileen Torres, and Timmee. They have been fabulous and helpful all along the way. And they gave me a great rate.

Congratulations. You know from here on out your going to be wearing short sleeve shirts....you are not going to have time to roll 'em up anymore.

Remember, no matter how pristine it looks at the end of the day, your "to-do" list is still seven days long.....that's why we love them, they always need us.

Congratulations! There is almost a sense of relief when you finally sign the papers and the search is officially over. It's no longer "if", but how soon till we can start cruising.

Ted

1) I wanted a sailboat and 2) price.

Not to fret, Bligh. There's always this NT-37 Stay-Sail Ketch that will give you full satisfaction. Congrats on you new vessel.

Attachments

• NT 37 Staysail Ketch.jpg
    NT 37 Staysail Ketch.jpg
    148.5 KB · Views: 411
Sweet boat! ?..I have always thought the nt's were great boats...great looks, and super easy to maintain. Have fun!
Hollywood

Very nice!!!

ALASKA CREDIT UNION ???

Where is the boat?

Are you going to drive her home?

Congratulations !!! Really nice

Not to fret, Bligh. There's always this NT-37 Stay-Sail Ketch that will give you full satisfaction. Congrats on you new vessel.
dude, your awesome. My dream boat!

Very nice!!!

ALASKA CREDIT UNION ???

Where is the boat?

Are you going to drive her home?

She is up in the delta.

Yes, Alaska Credit Union had a booth at the seattle boat show, and I got pre-approved there on the spot without having to submit my company's financials and company's tax returns etc.. Very simple , very friendly.

She is going to stay there for the next month or so. I'm thinking of moving her to Westpoint marina after that in redwood city. I'll probably take her or have her trucked up to Puget Sound for next season sometime. I'm hoping I can get a backhaul up there in the winter. That is the plan anyhow
I'm going to have to go visit Mark Pierce and other TF'ers on the way for sure.

I especially like the bowsprit.

looking for a radar mast by the way. and a crane.. and some galleyware. (now the fun begins)

Congratulations. May you and the family enjoy her. Your quiet methodical approach searching for the right boat will be rewarded.

My dad is the one who introduced me to sailing when I was nine. We cruised everywhere along teh Washington and Canadian coast line in his 24 ft sailboat. I always thought he would be the one to take my kids boating as they grew up. But over the last five years his trawler has been in a state of disrepair in one form or another until he unexpectedly died last spring and it was sold. It was at that point I realized that if my kids were going to have the experiences my dad gave me, it was up to me to do it. So here we are. :)

I tried the Credit Union, but due to the age of the boat (over 10 years) the down went up another 5% and the best they could do on interest rate was 6.25% for me. I did much better through ESSEX Credit (Bank of the West) at 4.25%. Most institutions don't loan to boats going to Alaska, that was the issue with Boat US. Love your boat, you got it right! That walk out back door onto the stern is the only way to go! I have a short half step, but no hole and stairs to climb up. That is a huge feature...

Well done bligh!

And nice choice.
The Nordic Tugs were what originally turned me on to trawler type boats.

Give us some more details and pics when you get a chance.

Congrats on the acquisition! Your kids are lucky to have a dad that wants to create such wonderful memories for them that they will never forget. Perfect timing for the year too!

I'm going to have to go visit Mark Pierce and other TF'ers on the way for sure.

Just send a PM when you want to visit.

Last edited:
Sailboat?

Think about the first time you're cruising and the rain starts pouring down. Instead of the rain running down your neck while you try and keep it out of your cruiser suit, clinging to a wet, cold tiller, you sit comfortably in your upholstered chair, heater and defroster running, cup of your favourite hot beverage in hand, in your shirtsleeves, dry as a bone watching the scenery pass in a dignified way. When you get where you're going you sit comfortably in your settee, admiring the magnificent scenery. You don't have to stand on your tiptoes to squint out a narrow, tinted, plastic window, it's all revealed in front of your eyes. When you get up in the morning and make your coffee, and have your hot shower, if it's crappy outside you don't even have to go outside to get underway. Your Admiral might have to...

Sailboat?

Welcome to rehab, we've got your back.

In the protection of the pilothouse (although in this case, safely tied to a Pittsburg berth).

img_223101_0_2772e390f823be128cf072c23f230c2d.jpg

Back
Top Bottom