new Aussie

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Delta Tango

Veteran Member
Hi All,
just joined. have often read the forum as I have a life time interest in all aspects of boating particularly classic passage makers - and old motorbikes, thats another story altogether!
Im a marine professional and work as a technical manager and trainer on plumbing, Watermakers and DC bow thruster systems.
My last boat was a small 28' 60 year old planked wooden cruiser that ran at 5.5k on the smell of an oily rag. Although between boats at the moment I get to ride on many and look forward to the day I settle down to the next one - something with more range.
All the best
Dave

Welcome aboard. Always glad to have another Aussie join us. Particularly one who can obviously contribute to the technical discussions.

Yo, Say Howdy! - Art

Welcome on board.
Another Queenslander can only be good.
Do you work around the Gold Coast City Marina , I completed my last refit there last year.

Cheers
Benn

Yes, welcome aboard. I also am interested in Benn's query as to where you are based. I'm at Horizon Shores.

Yes - well spotted, Im at Gold Coast City Marina and AU wide. Very busy here now - things are on the up and up busness wise. Hard Stands and sheds all about full at the moment.

Regards
Dave

Welcome on board.
Another Queenslander can only be good.
Do you work around the Gold Coast City Marina , I completed my last refit there last year.

Cheers
Benn
Hi Benn - in the 80s and 90s I worked for the father of the timber boat guys at GCCM - Im sure with a vessel like your's you know who I mean. The Dad ran the best chandlery store on the east coast from the 60s until the 90s and wooden boats were everything - and still are.
Dave

Dave,
Dead right, it was Doug and Craig who did all the hull work on Tidahapah during the refit I was in their shed for a couple of months.
All good people.
I was impressed with the whole set up down at GCCM and couldn't believe how competitive it was , so I never really felt that I was being had a lend of.
If you worked for Dad, then if my memory serves me right I may have been talking to you re toilets when I was down there. Never went ahead but these are still on the drawing board.

Cheers
Benn

Hi All,
just joined. have often read the forum as I have a life time interest in all aspects of boating particularly classic passage makers - and old motorbikes, thats another story altogether!
Im a marine professional and work as a technical manager and trainer on plumbing, Watermakers and DC bow thruster systems.
My last boat was a small 28' 60 year old planked wooden cruiser that ran at 5.5k on the smell of an oily rag. Although between boats at the moment I get to ride on many and look forward to the day I settle down to the next one - something with more range.
All the best
Dave
Welcome Delta Tango, from another newbie, glad so many join from all over the World, and with different skills in marine matters, Iam sure you,ll feel happy here in this forum. I felt at once that people here are friendly.

Reactions: Art
Back
Top Bottom