Boat Transport

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

hmason

Guru
Vessel Name
Lucky Lucky
Vessel Make
Pacific Mariner 65
A friend of mine just purchased a 26' Nordic Tug in southeast Florida. He wants to have it trucked to Annapolis, MD. I'm trying to help him locate a good company to do this,for him. Any recommendations would be appreciated. Thoughts on cost would be appreciated as well. Thanks, Howard

A friend of mine just purchased a 26' Nordic Tug in southeast Florida. He wants to have it trucked to Annapolis, MD. I'm trying to help him locate a good company to do this,for him. Any recommendations would be appreciated. Thoughts on cost would be appreciated as well. Thanks, Howard

I know you're just helping him. Is it not in operating condition? Joule Yacht has a good reputation but this may be small for them. The beam is 9'6" I believe. There may be a dealer with a regular trailer to accommodate that. shipyourboatnow offers a quotation service. I don't know anyone who has used them so no comment on their quality.

I shipped last spring from Virginia, not much distance difference, so for me it was $10,000.00 delivered for a 30' length, 10.5' beam and about 20,000 lbs. The shipper is based out of Marysville Washington. Happy to answer any questions about my experience.

Another thought is to go to the Nordic Tug site and look for a NT26 owner who has a trailer they don't have their boat on currently. That is really the only trailerable size NT though I have a friend with a 32 on a trailer (takes a lift to launch), but you see them advertised with trailers. I think it's SENTOA... the web group for NT owners.

I shipped last spring from Virginia, not much distance difference, so for me it was $10,000.00 delivered for a 30' length, 10.5' beam and about 20,000 lbs. The shipper is based out of Marysville Washington. Happy to answer any questions about my experience.

$10,000.00 !!!!!!!!!!!!! Ouch! I would of floated it up there.

I DID! But not from Virginia, from Anacortes. New boat, unloved on the dock for 14 years with 50 hours on the engine and no electronics. Then there is the Panama Canal... Nuff said! The value differential from the East coast to West more than offset the price after shipping.

3 +/- NMPG AT $5 +/- PER GAL = $1.67 PER N-MILE. + + Real Nice Cruise!!

1000 N-Miles = $1,670 fuel / 143 hrs piloting (14.3 - 10 hr running days) at 7 knots... plus... a smidgen $$ wear and tear on boat equipment...

Quite the fun! Try it, you'll like it! :thumb:

Just Sayen! :popcorn:

Happy Boaten Daze! - Art :speed boat:

Back
Top Bottom