Winter

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Greetings,
Mr. SD. Well, according to some, 2,992 of those posts are "Welcome aboard".
Also tried to change my profile pic' to celebrate. No luck so far. Mods?
profilepic289_3.gif

Last edited:
I have heard about people who stand on the street and wave at passing cars. Greeters I think they are called.
You arn't saying. Naw never mind.

SD

Greetings, Mr. SD. Well, according to some, 2,992 of those posts are "Welcome aboard". Also tried to change my profile pic' to celebrate. No luck so far. Mods?
You have to change your avatar not profile, I scratched my head over this awhile ago trying to figure it out.

Touche'

1429-albums131-picture1125.jpg

On the lighter side:

Seasonal Affective Disorder (SAD) – for some it’s just a question of When!

1429-albums194-picture1126.jpg

Storm warning today and tomorrow, 50 knots tonight and again tomorrow. Gotta love a Sou'easter, especially as the marina swears the piling I'm next to goes 22 feet into the bottom... We'll see.

The covers are probably on the dinghy and stern.
Don - I stopped by to say hello while we were at the Framer's Market and your covers are on the the dinghy and stern. Luckily a neighbor confirmed it was your boat! Sorry we missed you.

Dave

On "I" dock....for 2 more weeks

Don - I stopped by to say hello while we were at the Framer's Market and your covers are on the the dinghy and stern. Luckily a neighbor confirmed it was your boat! Sorry we missed you.

Dave

Dave, sorry we missed you. We have had to stay in town for a funeral Monday morning. We plan to be in Ft. Pierce Tuesday evening. If you or Scott have not been up to Marine connection, I will be glad to take you. Always fun to browse around up there.

That sound like fun but it will just be a pleasure to meet you...no strings attached.

I do have to ride out to buy something from FF... this could be a record for meeting internet friends in one stop!

Thanks Don, that's on our list of places to visit while here. We're across the river from you and Scott on Hutchinson Island at a funky marina we really like called Nettles Island. We were going to stay here a month but like it so much we cancelled Ft Pierce City Marina and are staying here through March. Since I'm working from the boat we only manage to get over the bridge on weekends!

Dave

My boat and 3 sailboats are the only ones left in the water at my marina over the winter. Is it a sailboat thing? Maybe I'm really still a sailor!

Interesting observation.

We would try to pull our sailboat out every other winter. The ablative bottom paint was always good for two seasons and a few times lasted three seasons. Fewer zincs to replace also lessened the need to haul. Given the closed nature of sailboats, I suspect they also seem to be better able to "weather" winter conditions.

Another disctinction we noticed is that most sailboats on the hard are not shrink wrapped, hereas many more trawlers/motor yachts are.

Today -- hopefully a sign of the times (weather-wise). KJ

1429-albums131-picture1171.jpg

It was a beautiful day in Carquinez Strait yesterday. Here is research vessel Polaris seen going eastward, enjoying its passage too:

img_219613_0_33c1daefaff445b84150a00d46d6c05d.jpg

Later that day, this freighter passed us on its way to Japan, entering a calm San Pablo Bay as we motored across its stern for Mare Island Strait and home berth:

img_219613_1_1845a761f77cbefba63014629c24b4f5.jpg

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom