Old 03-09-2014, 10:32 AM   #55
Baker
TF Site Team/Forum Founder

City: League City, Tx
Vessel Name: Floatsome & Jetsome
Vessel Model: Meridian 411
Quote:
Originally Posted by Earl34Mainship View Post
Roger Baker... the 356 was on the short list, but I opted for the single diesel. I preferred the 356 layout - second stateroom, and the salo(o)n seems a little bigger plus the 356 has interior (updated/more modern) over the 34MS. The 356 stuffs a lot in this package.. Maybe Marlow will pick up on some of the 356 features in future MS's. (The dog's eyes look like LED's - you probably didn't notice)
That is interesting, Earl, because the Mainship 34 was on my shortlist. In the end, I got a deal on this boat that pretty much forced my hand. I also wanted a solid 15kt cruise and I wasn't sure the 34T with a single could do it. I got mixed replies when I would ask that question that basically told me the boat was straining at that speed. I know there are a couple out there with the twin 4LHAs but they were on the upper end of the price range. I am ultimately a Sedan person and am a huge fan of all of the modern Mainship sedans. But the 356 is boat I have always kept an eye on simply because it is so much boat for a "35 footer". And then when this one showed up locally, I had to take a look. But I certainly understand ref the single comment. I have an entire bilge full of engines!!!
Meridian 411...T-Cummins 450C
Baker is offline   Reply With Quote