Trawlerfest

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Vessel Make
15' Hobie Power Skiff w/90hp Yamaha-owned 28 years. Also a 2001 Bayliner 3788 that I took in trade
Anybody go? Reports, photos, thoughts?

We went and were a bit disappointed. Not too many boats in the 36-42 range we are interested in. Nice 39 Nordic Tug. Some Krogen's, Nordhaven's, a few Selene's and a few Mainships. Seems like this "fest" may have been more for the classes/seminars than really showing off boats. Nice 89 GB Europa, original and very pretty, but had original steel tanks. If I had PLENTY of money, the Krogen's and Selene 48 were very nice. Went to some Marina's in Stuart and saw a bunch-o nice boats. Was impressed by an Atlantic Tug. A LOT of boat for the size, but not within our budget.

Last edited:
Greetings,
I've been to a couple. A few interesting things but definitely NOT enough to justify the $$ spent to attend. If one wanted to attend a particular seminar or see a specific vessel then it might be worthwhile. All in all, a money grab for the hosting magazine IMO.
Like the magazine it has evolved into a to-do for high rollers.

I was in the area on business and went. It was my first Trawler Fest and wasn't sure what to expect. I'm new to Trawlers and just starting the process of figuring out what size, etc we are interested in. I did get to see a few boats and brands but overall I was disappointed that there wash' more to it.

Guess we don't have high expectations. Went Saturday for 10 bucks each which didn’t hurt too much and parking is free. We went to see other boats we don't normally get to go on like a Nordhavn 62 and a Grand Banks among others. We even went on the Selene 48 to make sure we like the newer one we have better. :thumb: I did make the mistake of letting my wife on the Outer Reef 63...:facepalm:

Dave

Back
Top Bottom