New Owner

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

gehales

Veteran Member
Vessel Name
Tranquility
Vessel Make
Krogen 42-023
Been around trawlers for many years, but never had my own. Now I have a Kadey Krogen 42. All previous experience was with twin engines so a single is a bit intimidating. Look forward to to the forum for guidance and suggestions. Will be cruising the Chesapeake Bay the first year. Then ... who knows?

Greg Hales

Number one....put her in reverse and note which way she walks the prop this is a powerful maneuvering tool. Then remember you have no forward control if you are not moving. A burst of power with the rudder turned will push the boat around. If the shrimpers can do it so can you. Good luck.

It's a left-handed prop.

Nice Boat ,My favorite .

Greg,

We used to live in Burke...Cardinal Estates. We live in Virginia Beach now. Where did you buy your KK42, and where will you be keeping her? We hope to buy one in a few years.

Mike Metts

It's at Atlantic Yacht Basin. Will be keeping her at Calvert Marina, Solomon's, MD. We are on Lake Braddock Drive, near Lake Braddock Secondary School.

It's at Atlantic Yacht Basin. Will be keeping her at Calvert Marina, Solomon's, MD. We are on Lake Braddock Drive, near Lake Braddock Secondary School.[/QUOTE)

My wife and I saw her. We thought she was very nice. We are not quite ready to buy though. And we are hoping to find a centerline queen when we are ready.

We lived in Burke in the late 80s, but I know right where you are.

Let us know when you are down to visit your boat and maybe we can meet up for a drink or a meal.

It's at Atlantic Yacht Basin. Will be keeping her at Calvert Marina, Solomon's, MD. We are on Lake Braddock Drive, near Lake Braddock Secondary School.

Solomon's is where the original Trawlerfests took place. Beautiful place and very trawler friendly.

What's the story on the Krogen Silhouette located there at Atlantic? Has anybody been on it to give a condition report? I've always admired the design, and the price is attractive. Thank you.

Welcome aboard and congratulations, beautiful boat. Left hand prop, she should walk to the starboard.

John

Welcome aboard. Hope to see you at the fall Krogen Cruisers rendezvous.

It's a left-handed prop.

That's good - like mine, and many others, so the stern walks to starboard in reverse. Make sure if you can to always dock on starboard side and that will be good, as it puts your pilot door next to the dock as well.

Back
Top Bottom