jappesen app

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

eseyoung

Is anyone using jappsen on a mobile device? I have been toying around with it but I haven't purchased the map yet. As for the the maps. You have 2 purchase options. One just for phone and one for phone and tablet at more than twice the cost. So what's the difference? Does one map purchase work on more than one device?

thoughts in general about the app

I assume your talking about Plan2Nav. I have it on both phone and N7 tablet. I only paid for the charts once. Are you using two different accounts by chance.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Trawler

Yes. Plan to nav.
I don't yet have on my phone yet, just on my tablet. did you purchase the phone and tablet version?

On their most recent update, the pricing was changed to iPhone only and iPhone/iPad combination. I bought it prior to this change and use it for general location and route scoping at home. On the boat it is a backup gps system. I prefer to use the Nobeltec VNS 11 software on a laptop for actual route planning when away from the boat and then transfer the routes to the onboard computer. I like the Plan2Nav app and haven't seen anything that will work better for what I use it for.

Yes. Plan to nav.
I don't yet have on my phone yet, just on my tablet. did you purchase the phone and tablet version?

I use the Android version. It wouldn't surprise me that the IO7 version has a different pay structure.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Trawler

I know it's bad form for us old-timers to correct the now-acceptable "inventive spelling" we see, but for the sake of someone in the future searching for this thread, it's

Jeppesen Plan2Nav

I'd like to see the actual pricing too.

That's all. Back to your regularly scheduled thread.

My bad. there are two factors for my poor spelling and grammar, neither are an excuse.

1) I am often on a mobile device. I haven't used my non-work computer in several weeks. so when I type it is often on a keyboard who's letters are 1/4 the size of my sausage link sized fingers.

2) I don't proof read or reread anything before I post it. This is supposed to be fun. I have to write in complete sentences for work.

I will try to do better and at least spell the title of the thread correctly. :hide:

Either way I am using a Android device. Apparently, they did change the price structure on the maps.

So, is the only difference between the two that the tablet and phone option will allow access to purchased apps on more than one device? Are the maps themselves different?

I wonder because the 'phone only' option is $12. The 'tablet and phone' option is $40. Because of the price structure it seems that if you wanted it on two devices you would be better off to purchase the 'phone' option twice, which would lead me to think that the maps themselves are somehow not the same.

If i have time i will send an email to them today and try to find out.

We have Plan2Nav on two Android tablets; the app is free, and the US East Coast and Bahamas chart was $20. There was no extra cost for the charts on the second tablet.

-Chris

I have it on my iPad and iPhone. Mostly used for showing people where we are going or have been. I have used it as backup but really prefer the main chart plotter I have. Since I have not upgraded my electronics I have used it as a different scale view. It seems very accurate. I have had it not work in certain areas on a couple of occasions. I would not want it as my only nav instrument but works fine as a backup.

The last Plan2Nav chart I bought for Android was $39.99. It seems the first one I bought a while back was a lot cheaper. Your bank will also add a foreign exchange fee, at least ours did. Main reason I went with Plan2Nav is the Active Captain support. I like the Navionics app for Android better for route planning.

Bob

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom