Door Key For Marine Trader

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

reefdrifter

Veteran Member
Vessel Name
Reef Drifter
Vessel Make
1983, 34 ft., Marine Trader
We are looking to get a couple of extra door keys for our 1983 Marine Trader.* They are a "Skeleton" type key that is very hard to reproduce.* (Well at least at a reasonable cost)* The name on the only key*for our door is "Shark" and the number 65 on the other side.* We went to a large lock and key company in Fort Myers today but they want $35.00 to $40.00 and a couple of days to make one new key.* (So much for the $2.00 key)* We looked on the internet for the "Shark" key and also tried to get an e-mail address or web site for Marine Trading International, Inc. in New Jersey but no luck.* If anyone knows where to get a key of this type made without spending a lot of money we would love to hear from you.* Also if anyone knows how to get in touch with the Marine Trading International, Inc. , (Ha Ha, I know........it sounds pretty silly but you never know.......) maybe they could check their records and produce a couple of keys.*

Thanks for your interest.

keep looking at other key shops. I did, and eventually found one with a selection that included the skeleton for my boat. Trouble was, one of the lock sets rusted out and I couldn't find a replacement in the same size, so had to improvise, with a lock set that has a different offset and a smaller size unit that sets into the side of the door. If you find a MT source for the original stuff, I would be interested to know, so I can order a true replacement for the entire lockset.

Back
Top Bottom