G'day from another Aussie

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

RichardC

Vessel Name
Good To Go
Vessel Make
DeFever 44
Hi all, just a quick hello to everyone. I (I mean we) own a 1990 DeFever 44 aft cab and are located in Gladstone Qld. I've retired early (50 yrs old) and we intend doing the Top End and down to Broome in about 2 yrs time. In the mean time we venture local, to Lady Musgreve etc, when ever the boss gets time off from her job (10 days at Easter coming up..Yee Ha).

Welcome Richard, and the admiral of course. Enjoy the forum!

Welcome, I worked in the sugar industry selling Sugar Cane equipment made in Louisiana. I spent a fair bit of time visiting the farms and mills from Brisbane up the coast to Cairns, our branch office was in Bundaberg. Beautiful country and nice folks. I didn't do any trawlering but did make a charter fishing trip out to the reefs. beautiful! Enjoy the forum!

Welcome Richard, good to have you onboard. I hope you find TF helpful. We have several active Qld. members, including PeterB and Tidahapah(Benn) who post regularly.

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome on board Richard.
Gladstone a good stopping off point, although getting a bit busy these days.
Used to run in there on a product tanker but still have a lot of mates there either on the tugs or Port Pilots.
I have my boat in Mackay at present, if I call in on the way south I will give you a call.
You will find this mob pretty friendly and informative.
Cheers
Benn

Welcome aboard mate!

G'day Richard,

Very new member here as well. And just down the road from you in Bundy. Lots of good info to be found here!

Only had our Riv since September - trailer boatie all my life until then. We've been doing smaller trips to Platapus Bay and Sandy Straits so far - getting familiar with our new boat with aims of getting to Musgrave as soon as this bloody weather lets us.

Will keep an eye out for Good to Go when we manage to get out there.

Welcome aboard

May you find the forum as useful as I have.

Welcome Richard, good to have you onboard. I hope you find TF helpful. We have several active Qld. members, including PeterB and Tidahapah(Benn) who post regularly.

Like he said…
Ah...I took the liberty of editing your deliberate spelling mistake Bruce….:so cool:

(you left the ha out of Tidahapah…easily done)

Thanks everyone, you are a welcoming lot. Will endeavour to post any interesting photos I manage to jag when we're out.

Cheers

Like he said…
Ah...I took the liberty of editing your deliberate spelling mistake Bruce….:so cool:(you left the ha out of Tidahapah…easily done)
Oops,thanks, apologies all round.

Back
Top Bottom