View Single Post
Old 01-30-2014, 09:44 AM   #1
evansrr
Veteran Member

City: Baltimore MD
Vessel Name: Little Wing
Vessel Model: Camano 31
Boat Maintenance in Beaufort - Morehead City, NC

Does anyone have any recommendations for a marina - maintenance in this area? I bought a boat there in here inDecember and I have it temporarily docked at the previous owners private dock and need to move it. Trying to get anything done to your boat in this area is a nightmare. People don't return calls or e-mails. I have worked with one area mechanic for a month now and so far he has covered one item on my list. The company that did the haul out, bottom cleaning and engine survey was prompt and returned calls but charged double the hours it should have and I found out after the fact that they sent their outboard mechanic to do the survey on my diesel engine. I did take take my boat to one boatyard that seemed promising but their electric hookups weren't working and their fixed docks were so rickety that you had to be named Wallenda to balance on the tiny finger docks. It's a nice area and the people are friendly but for a boater that doesn't know the area it's a hell-hole. Can't wait to get the boat out of here and up to the Chesapeake this Spring but I need a decent place to get the windlass repaired, Diesel engine, generator, transmission service and a few other odds and ends done. Surely with all the marinas around here somebody can do the job! Any leads would be appreciated!
evansrr is offline   Reply With Quote