New to Forum, Long time Boater

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Engineman3rd

Vessel Name
Just Cause
Vessel Make
Jefferson 46
HI, New guy here, I have been messing with boats (on & off) most of my life. Mostly Sail; Last boat was a Gozzard 36 Pilothouse. I am starting down the "Trawler Road". Now live in Florida, Miss the Chesapeake, and the admiral loves Key West. A Trawler seems to be the answer to ALL the likes. I am Retired Military:thumb: so I can use some of the MWR facilities on the east coast. Just joined to learn from you people that have been "Living the Dream" Ken

Welcome aboard, Ken. Don't be surprised if your trawler intentions speed up a bit, as they tend to do when you've declared it here on the Forum. Anything out there catching your eye yet?

I have always liked the Grand Banks. I understand Albins are good boats. I am 6'4" tall so head room and long Beds are important. Additionally, I like H Ted Gozzard's idea of a boat meant for a couple with an occasional guest. We Have 2 shepherds so ease of getting on and off comes into the picture. Don't want much do I? Did I mention "that I am Scotch" also??

Would that be the deep pockets/short arms variety of Scotch? BTW, welcome to the forum.

Welcome! Venice is a nice spot you have great boating north and south of you!

... We Have 2 shepherds so ease of getting on and off comes into the picture.
Best rule out sundeck boats, there have been many posts about hauling aboard obese Labs etc lacking vertical steel stair rung climbing ability. Mind you, Shepherds are smarter.

Welcome! Another Florida guy, nice.
I was once told that a man is a Scot but he drinks Scotch.

Welcome! Another Florida guy, nice.
I was once told that a man is a Scot but he drinks Scotch.

That's what I thought as well:D
Either way, welcome aboard!
Enjoy the Florida Life and the dang near year round boating:thumb:, especially that far south.

Venice is a nice little town and a great location to launch N/S. I'm with the Admiral on the Keys...:thumb::thumb:

OD

Thanks to all the Wise & Kind words. RT the answer is YES! Moonstruck, the arms are long enough, But the Mind just hates giving $.$$ up. I guess it could be worse cause I will spend for Quality. Bruce K, yes shepherds are smart but at the beginning of every boating season in the past, they forget front legs on boat/rear legs on finger pier, never turns out well.

Attachments

• German shepard.jpg
    German shepard.jpg
    28.7 KB · Views: 65
Back
Top Bottom