This is kind of cool....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cardude01

Guru
Vessel Name
Bijou
Vessel Make
2008 Island Packet PY/SP
....in a Diesel Duck knockoff kind of way. John Deere engine. Pretty robust looking, but probably too utilitarian looking inside for most Admirals.

Too high I think and a looooong way away from most, but interesting nevertheless.

image-2794851242.jpg

http://www.yachtworld.com/boats/200...Trawler-2373620/Gananoque/Canada#.UuGSVKNOKK0

The builder must of got a discount on S.S. grab bars! HOLLYWOOD

Lol. I just went back and looked. You're right. They are everywhere! Even saw one on the electrical panel.

She might me a little rolly polly...

Very "ship like" and sturdy looking, but I agree that the interior might be a bit too utilitarian for many Admirals (what's with the two 'poles' on either side of the master berth? Are they really holding up the forward deck??).

Those grab rails are for the captain to hold as the admiral tries to throw him overboard the first time she tries to put a sheet on that bed in the master stateroom. :confused:

Those grab rails are for the captain to hold as the admiral tries to throw him overboard the first time she tries to put a sheet on that bed in the master stateroom. :confused:

Lol. Yes.

Very "ship like" and sturdy looking, but I agree that the interior might be a bit too utilitarian for many Admirals (what's with the two 'poles' on either side of the master berth? Are they really holding up the forward deck??).

I was thinking dual stripper poles. Wishful thinking actually...

Greetings,
Mr. E. "Are they really holding up the forward deck??)." Hmmm....could be for the stirrups or the trapeze. It IS in Canada after all.
tumblr_mjr6iwgesR1s67vyfo1_250.gif

What a great idea! I'm going to discuss that with the admiral...save a grab rail for me.

The admiral said cut the crap and go make my dinner. :hide:

attached is a pic of the Admiral on the pole at home... your boat doesn't have one?

Two would be even better!

HOLLYWOOD

:whistling:

Attachments

• spole2.jpg
    spole2.jpg
    8.7 KB · Views: 617
Really........ Really? If so, damn.

I like it but with that many fuel tanks, I think keeping track and keeping the boat trimmed right may be a little difficult. I don't think the interior is spartan at all.,simplistic and useful no frills.

Pretty spiffy! One thing for sure is you won't be needing a day tank. Nice engine space.

The interior looks like it was designed by Home Depot's cheap cabinet department.
The poles on both sides of the master berth are quite utilitarian - use your imagination

Why do these guys always try to rehabilitate old fishing boats. My mistake, the line holders brought it to a different class.

Ok I know we're supposed to be nice but.......

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Trawler

I actually thought it was a pretty salty looking ship. Plain yes, and a little "oaky" on the inside, but I'd cruise it.

Pluses:
Nice engine room with bench
John Deere main
Dry stack exhaust
Flying bridge of sorts
Sturdy steel construction
Nice profile
Lots of sleeping areas
Many many handrails :)

Negatives:
Interior very "oaky"
Too expensive
Too many fuel tanks?
No generator
Home built
No bow thruster

I actually thought it was a pretty salty looking ship. Plain yes, and a little "oaky" on the inside, but I'd cruise it.

Negatives:
Interior very "oaky"
Too expensive
Too many fuel tanks?
No generator
Home built
No bow thruster

Yeah, but look at it this way. If you figured what you're liable to spend on that Endeavour 44 you're talking about, you could put that extra money into this one and fix all those negatives!;)

I like it and it's not too utilitarian for me and I'm sure my wife would like it too. I do like an aft cockpit though.

All those pictures and not one of the hull out of the water or even a lines drawing. The most important thing and it just gets skipped. And it's even a passagemaker. Makes no sense.

This is a sundeck .. right?

All those pictures and not one of the hull out of the water or even a lines drawing. The most important thing and it just gets skipped. And it's even a passagemaker. Makes no sense.

I am looking forward to an analysis of the propulsive efficiency, sea keeping qualities, and most of all - seaworthiness.

Attachments

• profile.jpg
    profile.jpg
    18.9 KB · Views: 70
I am looking forward to an analysis of the propulsive efficiency, sea keeping qualities, and most of all - seaworthiness.

From your detailed drawing I can tell it's over powered and much too large a boat to be an enjoyable boat for a rec boater.:D

From your detailed drawing I can tell it's over powered and much too large a boat to be an enjoyable boat for a rec boater.:D

It's not my drawing, it came from the three drawings (profile, tank plan, and GA) provided in the advertisement. That is considerably more information than has been historically required by some folks to determine performance and suitability for whatever purpose.

auscan said:
There is one thing I can tell from the last two posts, but its got nothing to do with boats.

Since speculation is a protected pastime, and speculators are not only welcomed but defended, speculation about the response to submission of photos, drawings, arrangements, and other construction details certainly falls within the rules of conduct.

I enjoy and welcome such speculation, and certainly don't consider an invitation to speculate as being anything more than that ... an invitation for members to contribute opinion and speculation. How or why would anyone think otherwise?

I appreciate psneeld's speculation and comments as they are relevant to the thread and previous posts. It is not written in code and it doesn't imply some other motive or meaning ... that sort of thing is really rude and might cause distress to those with a fragile psyche.

Anyway, back to the boat in question. Though it looks very utilitarian it is probably quite functional.

Wouldn't a fairly tall boat like this be affected by the wind in close quarters? I think the lack of a bow thruster would make it difficult to handle in close quarters for most (me), but since it's steel maybe it can handle some bumps.

The world is dotted with single screw vessels that have significantly more windage than this one. If you ever get the chance, go watch the fishing fleet maneuver some time. Practice makes mostly perfect.

I noticed none on the headboard. Must be an older couple?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom