New member in TX

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cat Daddy

Vessel Name
Cat Daddy
Vessel Make
PDQ mv/34
Hello,

This past year we purchased our first "ocean vessel",a PDQ v/34, having lake boats most of our life. As relative newbies we picked it up in Virginia and brought it home to Texas in two different adventures. It has been great fun so far, looking forward to more.

This forum has been a wealth of valuable information during the process.

Rafe

Hello, This past year we purchased our first "ocean vessel",a PDQ v/34, having lake boats most of our life. As relative newbies we picked it up in Virginia and brought it home to Texas in two different adventures. It has been great fun so far, looking forward to more. This forum has been a wealth of valuable information during the process. Rafe
Nice ride! We saw a bunch of PDQ's whilst we were in Stuart. Welcome aboard!:thumb:

Welcome Cat Daddy! Nice boats those PDQ's

Welcome aboard...from one Texan to another.

Welcome aboard. The PDQs are very desirable boats with great space. My you continue to enjoy her.

Welcome, if your travels bring you through Houma La. let me know, if I'm in town I'll stop by the dock. Same goes for other forum members stopping there.

Steve,

We stopped in Houma just before Thanksgiving. Had a great overnight stay. Really enjoyed walking around the town. The city dock is a nice stop & a great value.

Maybe we'll get to visit next time. Thanks for the offer.

Rafe

I can''t imagine a better designed, more efficient overall cruising package than the PDQ 34. If I didn't bang this stiff ole frame everywhere on my first night aboard one, I'd probably own one now. No matter how banged up I was, I just couldn't scratch it off my list. The boat has great space, but I just need to take a class in trawlercat Yoga.

Stuart, FL, where my boat is docked now, is the capitol for PDQ's, since their most prolific rep (Dick Tuschick) had his home and office there. Great guy and a great proponent of the design. I see them headed down the Okeechobee Waterway regularly. Sincere congrats on a fine investment.

Larry,
Thanks for the kind words. The biggest downside for me so far has been engine access( I'm 6'2" ). I do most of my own work and some areas are a bit "tight". The salon is really opened up with the "piano bar" seat & lower helm, giving other options for seating than the dinette. Few other cats offered this. So far we have traveled 2500 miles with 4 or 6 aboard and nobody has had to walk the plank!

We started our boat shopping last January @ Trawlerfest in Ft. L. and met Dick there. He invited us to go out on his personal boat and we were sold on PDQ. He is a super guy.

We ended up w/ a boat listed by another broker, but used Stuart Yacht Sales as our broker( Dick's partner Bill Watson). Excellent folks.

We left it for the summer @ Stuart Yacht for upgrades & repairs. More great people. We spent quite a bit of time in Stuart last year and love it. I envy your cruising grounds.

Rafe

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom