New member in NH

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jobe

Veteran Member
Hello Trawler Forum: Thank you for allowing me to join your forum. I have been reading and learning here for a little while and thought I should join up. I find it very entertaining and informative.

At this point in time I am in the 'dreaming' stage (insert picture of 120 ft yacht here). I have been around boats all my life (53) as my dad bought a lake cottage when I was one year old. Many summers were spent working at a local marina and I absolutely love boats. But I was born and raised a 'laker' and the trawler life is brand new to me and perhaps a bit daunting. I am trying to keep my dreams realistic and the information provided here by you folks is very helpful indeed.

So thanks once again and a special thanks to Lori who helped me sign in! Pete

Welcome aboard, you find a lot of friends here

Thanks for the welcome RTF, N47, Alemao and Mr. Cofer. Nice place you have here! Pete

Also, boatpoker, thanks for the private message. I am unable to respond directly until I have more posts I think. That link you sent was excellent (pcmarinesurveys.com). Maybe a bit hair raising in parts but very valuable info. Just what I need at this time. Pete

:speed boat: Pete - Welcome to your next life! :thumb:

Happy Boating Daze! - Art :speed boat:

Welcome! I grew up in NH, boating on Great Bay, around Portsmouth and the Isles of Shoals.

Also, boatpoker, thanks for the private message. I am unable to respond directly until I have more posts I think. That link you sent was excellent (pcmarinesurveys.com). Maybe a bit hair raising in parts but very valuable info. Just what I need at this time. Pete

Jobe,

Welcome to the forum!

Perhaps your PM was blocked since it contained a hyperlink to boatpoker's commercial website. :banghead: If you delete the hyperlink until you accrue 10 posts, you should be able to PM. After 10 posts, you can post and PM with hyperlinks.

Thank you for the welcome Art, Carolena (NH is still here for you), and FlyWright. I guess 10 posts is my new goal. I gotta think of some things to say.
so much to read here.......

Greetings,
Mr. J. Oh, I don't think you'll have any problems thinking up things to say. Since you've been lurking for a while and reading you probably have the correct impression that there is a broad range of opinions/expertise. Don't be afraid to ask questions and if you can do ME a personal favor, don't start off your question with "This may be a dumb question". There is no such thing. We all started from square one....well, you started at AGE one and I fully understand your love for water and boats. I think I got involved (with my dad as well) in boating when I was 3 probably. So, ask away.

Welcome aboard! Watch out for RTF, he's very smart but he is nuts.

One of your infamous vids please.

Greetings,
Mr. Spy. The same sort that "smart" people ask. Neither knows the answer so they ask.
Mr. H....
polite.gif.pagespeed.ce.KdUxqYiemk.gif

Welcome aboard! Watch out for RTF, he's very smart but he is nuts.

Awwww com-on Hoppy... give RT a break... he's not really nuts - just a bit off center! But, looking at this forum objectively (however, some members must be viewed subjectively - lol) there are few and far between of us here who are not a bit daft! Or, amidst the pleasure boating world, might I term that a bit short of draft??

Anyway, viewing the context of this website and its handful of regular contributors, there is an enjoyably pronounced lack of sanity amongst our microcosm of world population. A lack of sanity, if I may add, that invigorates the very essence of why it is worth being alive! Pleasure boating – that is!!

Happy Boating Daze... Everyone! - Art :dance: :speed boat::thumb:

We all own boats. Lack of sanity goes without saying.

RTF, Thank you, that was perfect.

Ha! I think I found Trawler Forum when I was searching for info on Great Harbour and it led me to a thread here. It was an interesting conversation with a little back and forth discussion about hull design and such. The owner of GH joined in as well. Then all of a sudden RTF posted a picture of a very large man dressed as a cheerleader if I remember right. It was hysterical and seemed to break any tension that may have been building. At any rate, the owner of GH seemed to loosen up and really offered up some good info. The naval architect behind GH also joined in and it was great stuff. They both mentioned that they don't normally get involved in boat forums. My take was that when RTF posted that wierd picture they both felt like this was a safe place to have fun and talk shop. It was brilliant. My favorite thread here.

Greetings,
Mr. J. OK, ya got me. Large man in cheerleader's uniform???? The memory isn't the first thing to go.....How long ago was that? And whaddya-mean weird picture. ALL of my contributions are relevant to the discussion! Weird picture indeed....
th

oops...I was wrong. Just went back and looked (it is still too funny). It wasn't a large man dressed as a cheerleader. It was a large man dressed as a ballerina! Even better. Pic was titled,'Happy Valentines Day'.

Great thread (11 pages) started 8/1/13 "Is Great Harbour Trawlers still in business?" in general discussion. Great stuff.

This pic? I saved it to mess with some of my friends. :D

Attachments

• image-16718326.jpg
    image-16718326.jpg
    36.4 KB · Views: 66
Greetings, Mr. J. OK, ya got me. Large man in cheerleader's uniform???? The memory isn't the first thing to go.....How long ago was that? And whaddya-mean weird picture. ALL of my contributions are relevant to the discussion! Weird picture indeed....
C'mon RTF you can't tell me your forgetting things, old age is no excuse. :p :D

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom