Video of two SMALL boats crossing Columbia R Bar

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Believe this is New Zealand not Columbia River as per a couple of posts a few months ago (one by Marin).

What Not To Do !!

Howdy Neighbor ....... Can't believe these cowboys aren't wearing Survival suits !!!!!! Felt Nauseated just watching!!!! No Thanks!! jp

Amazing how they are walking around the decks calmly with a cup of tea. Crazy Kiwi's.

Not sure where it is. Looks like the water at the mouth of the Murray River in Oz, but it could be many different places.

Greymouth on the South island of New Zealand.

Not to play this down

The telephoto lens adds to dramatic seas. The wave period is greater than it looks. Not that this isn't hairy conditions. Note the crewman standing unbraced. This is an example of conditions were a full length keel , large rudder and prop, low center of gravity will save your bacon. This could have been any of a number of west coast bar crossing. It does look very hairy.

What is with the extension on the port side of 8876 - is that a one side stabilizer or is it something to deal with nets?

Loosing power would be a nightmare.

Yeah the accents we're definitely from a sheep shagger

Sent from my iPad using Trawler

Watch it Hendo…I'm an ex NZer...You go wash your mouth out...

There have been a lot of boats lost crossing the Grey River bar, it is a very scary place. That is something that I never intend to try. If I ever venture south from the Marlborough Sounds, I will be going down the East coast.

I will ignor Hendo's comment :rolleyes:

Watch it Hendo…I'm an ex NZer...You go wash your mouth out...
NZers say the same about Aussies,but our sheep are better looking.

Sorry Bruce, I was laughing when I posted my comment. You left the door wide open :)

Sorry Bruce, I was laughing when I posted my comment. You left the door wide open :)
I did. So that`s how the sheep got in....I`m busy now:).

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom