Seattle Boat Show Roll Call

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bligh

Guru
Vessel Name
Concerto
Vessel Make
1980 Cheoy Lee
I'm thinking of making the trip.
Who's going?

Scott

Be there for the entire show- either manning our booth or wandering the show...

I am planning on going. Have to be a week end.

Jill and I. Pete what booth #?

Keith,
I was going to do that but Chris didn't like the big noise it makes.

Boat show ?????

I will be there Saturday the 1st of February, the day before the Super Bowl. Manning the Edmonds Yacht Club booth in the afternoon.

Eric, we have one in the aft head and it seems very quiet to us. Just wanting the same system up front and one set of parts to stock. We like the system as it uses very little water and is fresh water flushed. Almost 800 bucks discount at the show.

I will be there on the January 25th and maybe again on February 1st. Call me a glutton for punishment.... :D

I finally was able to talk my father in law into going. We will be up there Friday and maybe Sat. Do you need one or two days to go through the show?
Scott

Do you need one or two days to go through the show?

I think you can see the bulk of the show in one day. The big boats are down at Lake Union (take a free bus from CLink Field).

I'm doing two days because I'm helping a friend buy a boat on one day, so won't get much time talking to old friends and visiting vendors.

YMMV

I'm on the B shift. B there when it opens, B there while it's open, B there until it closes, B there everyday.

They have asked me to do three seminars this year.

January 24, Taming of the Single Screw (Achieving deliberate control of a single engine inboard powerboat)

January 26, Man Overboard!

January 29, How to Write Articles for Boating Magazines

I finally was able to talk my father in law into going. We will be up there Friday and maybe Sat. Do you need one or two days to go through the show?
Scott

IMHO, definitely 2 days are needed. One day for the in-water show and one day for the indoor show. Some years I even go a third day. If you just want to browse the show, I suppose you could do it in a single day.

Like Chuck we are on the B Schedule. We'll B there everyday, all day long! Our Pacific NW Boater booth is in the East Hall, #521. We'll be debuting our DVD cruising guide "Washington State Parks, Volume One - San Juan Islands". 82 minutes of video all about cruising the San Juans.

We'll also be giving two seminars on WA State Marine Parks on both Friday nights at 7:00pm. Prime time, baby!

And since my wife is the Ad Director for Bob Bitchin's Cruising Outpost magazine, we'll be selling subscriptions and individual copies of that as well. Oh, and Bob is coming up for a couple of days and will speak Thursday night about "The Attitude of Cruising" - from his own unique perspective, of course.

Please stop by the booth and say hi. Would like to meet some of you TFers!

... we'll be selling subscriptions and individual copies of that as well.

Selling individual copies?

All the publishers at FLIBS give them away. Nickel and diming potential subscribers seems a bit cheezy.

Me the admiral and six others and their admirals....

We're going. Possibly looking at radios (with loud hailer etc); possibly a spotlight; possibly looking at our latest credit card bill before we go.

We're going. Possibly looking at radios (with loud hailer etc); possibly a spotlight; possibly looking at our latest credit card bill before we go.

"Abandon hope, all ye that enter here........." :pirate:

Well, I talked him into it and our trip is booked . Friday and Saturday. We'll stop by as many booths as we can.

If the Seahawks win this weekend (fingers crossed) they will be in the Super Bowl. If they are in the Super Bowl the final Sunday of the boat show will be cancelled. We got the word from the Show organizers a few days ago.

Rob

Selling individual copies?

All the publishers at FLIBS give them away. Nickel and diming potential subscribers seems a bit cheezy.

I know, right? We went to the car dealership the other day to look at a 2014 model. They had a few 2013 models that hadn't sold yet. I asked if they were giving them away. Nope, they were selling them. Cheezy! :)

In the publishers defense, he is not a media conglomerate but a very small company. And each issue, which is quarterly, is about 200 pages and very expensive in small runs to print. He's also been selling back issues (of his previous titles) for 17 years at boat shows, and yes, about 5% of people think it's cheezy. However, for people who subscribe at the boat show they get back issues for free. Personally, if I'm doing it, I end up giving some away free anyway.

I know, right? We went to the car dealership the other day to look at a 2014 model. They had a few 2013 models that hadn't sold yet. I asked if they were giving them away. Nope, they were selling them. Cheezy! :)

In the publishers defense, he is not a media conglomerate but a very small company. And each issue, which is quarterly, is about 200 pages and very expensive in small runs to print. He's also been selling back issues (of his previous titles) for 17 years at boat shows, and yes, about 5% of people think it's cheezy. However, for people who subscribe at the boat show they get back issues for free. Personally, if I'm doing it, I end up giving some away free anyway.

What is FLIBS? We will definitely stop by the PNWboater booth.

If the Seahawks win this weekend (fingers crossed) they will be in the Super Bowl. If they are in the Super Bowl the final Sunday of the boat show will be cancelled. We got the word from the Show organizers a few days ago.

Rob

Please beat the 49'ers! I'll never hear the end of it if they win the superbowl. I'm rooting for my team to win, but I'm rooting for 'anybody but the niners' more.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom