Please stop it!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Conrad

Guru
Vessel Name
Blue Sky
Vessel Make
Nordic Tugs 42 Hull #001
I access Trawlerforum via my iPhone without using the app, which is my preference. But now, every time I open Trawlerforum, and constantly as I'm browsing the site I get a prompt to switch to the app version. It's driving me nuts. Please stop it!!!!

Funny you bring that up Conrad. I have noticed the same thing lately. I use the app on my phone and it sometimes prompts me to do the same. I have no idea why this has started and it doesn't happen every time but it is very frustrating.

Oh, yeah that gets annoying after awhile.

I have been using the App for awhile, I think it's a hotdamn or I have no issues with it and kinda like it. Just my opinion.

It is annoying and has happened to me in the past too. I use both the app and the browser when accessing the site from my iPhone. Perhaps I seldom see it in browser mode because my device also has the app loaded? You can try loading the app and if you do let us know if it stops the pop up or at least slows it down.

Meanwhile I'll push your complaint uphill to the tech guy.

I have been using the App for awhile, I think it's a hotdamn or I have no issues with it and kinda like it. Just my opinion.

I run into this issue on MANY sites.

The problem is not the app, or the "standard" page in any of those cases; because what seems to work best varies from site to site.

The problem is having the choice made FOR you the the server software and not being able to do anything about it.

I found it stopped happening once I relented and downloaded the app, even though I prefer to use the browser.

I use The app, but Elen conect out Of The app,.... please stop asking.

Thanks for the reports...

I'll add that I just got bombarded , it's right in the header, by some darn PLUG in nonesense that seriously interfered with my ability to get on this site. I DON"T LIKE THAT NONESENSE.

That kind of rubbish will get me off the site or maybe that is intended.
At the least some explanation might help but I don't appreciate being bombarded when trying to log in.

I'm on a laptop and do not have a dumbphone and have no plans to get one. Dinosuar maybe but that just the way I am.

I'll add that I just got bombarded , it's right in the header, by some darn PLUG in nonesense that seriously interfered with my ability to get on this site. I DON"T LIKE THAT NONESENSE. That kind of rubbish will get me off the site or maybe that is intended. At the least some explanation might help but I don't appreciate being bombarded when trying to log in. I'm on a laptop and do not have a dumbphone and have no plans to get one. Dinosuar maybe but that just the way I am.

That sounds like a disruptive advertisement and not the forum software. If you can catch the web address of the ad we can contact Google requesting it be removed.

Unfortunately without that info we cannot do anything about it. There was a similar banner ad brought to our attention recently that stated "You have 4 unread private messages. Click here to read" and believe we successfully removed them from our website once a member got us the info.

Craig,
Thanks. Your reply made me think. I checked my pop up blocker and it was off - DUH. I guess I'd shut it down for a download and forgotten to reinstate it.
Oh Well, lesson learned even though I thought i'd had enough brew today, guess not.
Thank You

The nonesense is gone.

Edit: nuts no it's still here.

Last edited:
I'll try again to send the screen shot

Won't load, file too big.

Last edited:
If it continues to interrupt you try clearing your cache. Also check to see if the "plug-in" you referred to has not loaded to your machine.

While a screen shot would be "nice to see", unfortunately it's not very helpfull when dealing with Google. They literally have hundreds of millions of these banner ads. An address is absolute and dealt with swiftly. Depending upon if the ad does something to your machine, Google can also come down harshly on the responsible party. They do take customer complaints very seriously on these issues, especially if it breaches security protocols.

Back
Top Bottom