Beilge Drain Plug

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Sortie

Vessel Name
Sue Marie
Vessel Make
Prarie 29
The"new" Prairie 29 is now on the east coast,with us. We have her hauled and are starting to do the clean upa and prep work to get her ready for use. One quick issue. Does anyone know where the beilge drain plug is located.?

Thanks,

John

Ours doesnt have one most larger boats dont have them.

SailorMike, Thanks for your response. I have never seen a boat without a means to drain the beilge. While* have not worked on them all or seen them all,* have seen a few thousand drain plugs. Several summers working in a marina, and a lifetime of boat owership/combined with my familys, there has always been a drain plug or drain system.That includes a 58'*power boat. In the cold climates up north, you need to be able to insure the bielge is drained before putting ashore for the frozen season.*Usually on a displacement hull or full keel it is in the*center of the *keel. sometimes the drain is removed from exterior and sometimes interior. My surveyor was stumped as well.

It appears you are correct that the Paririe does not have one. However, hull number 8 is about to get one. On dispalcement hulls *they are often called gardboard drains, drains placed on the garboard plank,(first plank next to the keel) on a wooden boat.

Thanks for your response, appreciate the posting. Nice finnish job on the Miss Dot Dee. I can assure you ours will never reach that level of finnish. Hopefully, we can get her going to have some fun.*

Thanks again.

John

John, I have never seen a drain plug on a "big" boat...just trailerable ones.

Hi John,

I've got*a bilge drain plug on my '79 Mainship 34 MKll.**It's *located under the aft section of the engine and just forward of the tranny.* Has a T handle on it .* I believe a few of the older boats had them.

Tom

Im not saying they never have them just saying its uncommon we have a PSY Drippless Shaft seal so I just wet dry vac out the bilge every once and a while when I want it dry she is a tight vessel with very few drips

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom