View Single Post
Old 12-24-2013, 08:38 AM   #9
JohnG

City: Rock Hall, MD
Vessel Name: Caldonia
Vessel Model: Endeavour TC44
I strongly recommend the boat. I would prefer a larger water tank. We go through 115 gallons pretty quickly when anchored out, especially when we have guests with us.

Ventilation is good everyplace except the guest berths. We need to run the AC at night when we have guests but not when we are by ourselves. When we don't run the AC, the solar panels provide all of the electricity we need on an average day late in August on the Chesapeake.

Visibility is great from the helm and maneuverability is great so it is easy to operate and a breeze to dock.

The living spaces are great. I find our guests spend a lot of time on the foredeck, particularly when we are underway. The cockpit has a combined pilot house/back porch feel to it. It is a great spot in the middle of the day and after the bugs come out. The salon has large windows and is bright and airy. Being in the salon almost feels like being outside.

It seems that most TC44 owners do the Great Loop, Bahamas, and Keys. I haven't retired yet and only have time to cruise the Chesapeake, so my experience is limited. Here are some blogs of people who have cruised TC44 and a TC36. My wife would have been happy with a TC36, but the spaces were too tight for me.

RockChalk44
About: Odyssey an Endeavour Trawlercat 36 | Coastline Cruising
JohnG is offline   Reply With Quote