Trawler in ID

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
A 35' by 11', 38,000 pound boat is seriously overweight and will never be "very efficient". I don't believe she will ever see 8-9 knots with 72 installed horsepower, 7.5 is about it, downhill with a tailwind......

The mention of tri-keel and the twin tiny motors indicates designer Nils Lucander may have been involved at some point. Lucander died in 1998.

She looks overweight (proven by the numbers) and top heavy. The owner would have to prove her otherwise before I would suggest someone risk his or her life in this vessel. Someone spent a lot of money but not on Naval Architecture......

Greetings,
Mr. head. One would never necessarily WANT to access the foredeck in heavy weather but what if one HAD to? Picking up a mooring buoy, setting or retrieving an anchor/drogue, picking up a tow line....Who knows? The OP asked for comments. That was mine. Just noticed the fore hatch so I've answered my own question.

Thanks NS :thumb:

So in 4 years on the market the asking has dropped $160k.......still no buyers and many (including myself) think the asking must come down considerably to get her sold......probably shows something about the wisdom of investing in such a thing.

Looks like an incredible buy to me subject to CG height, hull design and metal boat considerations.

Look at some of the details like windows and ground tackle. If you could keep her upright and relatively free of corrosion should be a fantastic trawler. No prop walk either.

This boat originated from some person very much out of the box. And it looks to me like most of the comments posted come from individuals that can't even see out of the box much less go there.

I looked again. I like the dry stack exhaust and lots of access to places like around the inside of the aft cockpit. If you looked this boat over I'll bet many other really nice details would surface. Stability and CG would be my main concern. Needs flopper stoppers.

Daddyo says "This is a classic example of an individual not understanding their strengths and more importantly weaknesses." Wow ... that's a real slammer and of course identifies who understands their strengths. I sure hope the boat owner dosn't read this high and mighty stuff.

The man asked us our opinion did he not? I stand by my opinion (neither right nor wrong, just mine is all) and will elaborate. Form is an art, function is not. The designer is much more gifted in function than form in my "opinion". Here is the rest of my quote:
"Obviously a labor of love but unfortunately it has now been offered up for scrutiny from the masses. Every boat has a mate."

Last edited:
From inside that vessel I would feel like I was conning a destroyer. Maybe Mark would lend me his cannon.:D

Back
Top Bottom