Holiday Cautionary Tale

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Irdiverdan

Veteran Member
With the holidays upon us, I would like to share a personal experience
with my friends about drinking and driving. This is a first for me, as I
normally don't preach to others. As you may know some of us have been
known to have brushes with the authorities from time to time on the way
home after a "social session" out with friends. Well, I was out for an evening with friends and had several cocktails followed by some rather rather nice red wine. Feeling jolly I still had the sense to know that I may be slightly over the limit.

That's when I did something that I've never done before - I took a cab
home. Sure enough on the way home, there was a police road block, but
since it was a cab they waved it past and I arrived home safely without
incident.

This was a real surprise as I had never driven a cab before. I don't
know where I got it and now that it's in my garage, I don't know what to
do with it ?????...:facepalm:...:socool:

Is it a vintage Checker? They're worth some bucks!

With the holidays upon us, I would like to share a personal experience with my friends about drinking and driving. This is a first for me, as I normally don't preach to others. As you may know some of us have been known to have brushes with the authorities from time to time on the way home after a "social session" out with friends. Well, I was out for an evening with friends and had several cocktails followed by some rather rather nice red wine. Feeling jolly I still had the sense to know that I may be slightly over the limit. That's when I did something that I've never done before - I took a cab home. Sure enough on the way home, there was a police road block, but since it was a cab they waved it past and I arrived home safely without incident. This was a real surprise as I had never driven a cab before. I don't know where I got it and now that it's in my garage, I don't know what to do with it ?????...:facepalm:...:socool:
Just realized this was a tale :D

Just realized this was a tale :D

Funny...I also posted this on Facebook and it took several of my family and friends a bit before they too realized it was only a "tale"...they were asking me when this happened and what I finally did with the taxi...:lol:

speed%20boat.gif
:facepalm:

Back
Top Bottom