New 50 footer, Jetten 50 MPC

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Vessel Name
---
Jetten Yachting is introducing a new standard:

The Jetten 50 Multi Purpose Cruiser, the ultimate and durable motor yacht.

The combination of the latest techniques and a unique design with innovative taut lines make the Jetten 50 MPC unique in its class. The exclusive motor yacht suitable for everybody! The Jetten 50 MPC is the outcome of an intensive collaboration between Jetten Yachting and Vripack architects, leaders in water sports. "There is such a considerable interest in this vessel that we have already sold five vessels for delivery next year based on the drawings," says Marcel Jetten, the managing director.

Link: English pages Jetten Website.

jetten1.jpg

jetten2.jpg

Last edited:
To modern for my liking, and needs a flybridge (I'm sure mark disagrees):) . But nice boat regardless!

Last edited:
Ugh, the problem with outlandish designs and colour schemes is how quickly they look old. In my opinion, dating boats by their design is a slick move by the big manufacturers to foster a negative stigma on owning an older boat, the same as the automotive industry has so insidiously and successfully created with cars. (That's my conspiracy theory and I'm sticking to it :)

A traditional built trawler or yacht has a timeless look that never gets old. It's impossible to even guess the age of many.

The garish non-traditional designs that are becoming commonplace, will look old before their time and can't help but suffer an escalated rate of depreciation.

It's interesting how regional boats are....This one apparently is popular in Europe (5 sold before the first is launched) but will find no market in the US (IMO).

The light framing is impressive........

Jetten38.JPG

Tad-I don't see any longitudinal stringers in that pic you posted. Is that a problem, or are they added later? If added later, is it an issue where they would intersect with the transverse bracing?

Tad-I don't see any longitudinal stringers in that pic you posted. Is that a problem, or are they added later? If added later, is it an issue where they would intersect with the transverse bracing?

Maybe you should start a new Thread to discuss the hull of a "Jetten 38 AC"..

Yuck. (There, I said it again.) And the wheel is on the wrong (port) side.

Europe seems to be the market for such a craft.

I can only assume that's the finished framing.....There are longitudinals in the topsides but not in the forward bottom. There are big box longitudinals aft of this, the engine beds.....It's just quite diferent than what I would call light steel construction.....again a regional thing. This certainly makes for more inside volume.

Looks wise, it reminds me of the Greenline 40 Hybrid, but look at how far the Jetten carriers its beam forward.....if there's any sharp entry, it must be below the water line. She's nearly as round as a Manatee. Could this be another so-called "super displacement" boat.

Attachments

• Greenline-40.jpg
    Greenline-40.jpg
    76.9 KB · Views: 136
  • jetten1.jpg
    jetten1.jpg
    41.1 KB · Views: 174
Last edited:
She Who Must Be Obeyed would require a much larger galley on a 50 footer. This is set up like a 50 foot weekender.

Usually builders use the same construction methods for various boats (of diferent sizes or arrangements) they offer. I found this construction picture from Jetten interesting. It's very diferent from what I would do....that's all :)

Tad, "Vripack Yacht Architects" are world-wide well known Yacht Architects with a respected reputation, you think they gamble with the construction design of a, for their portfolio" minor important design?

Interested in their portfolio? here is a link;

Link: Vripack portfolio

The boat looks great and it shines like a piece of art. Good choice of colors for marketing brochures. It also matches the color of the channels in Europe

To Whom it May Concern!!!

TAD ROBERTS, is also a very well-known boat designer and naval architect, in many aspects, way ahead in ideas on how a passagemaker should be. Too bad that I found his work after I started to build my boat. Too bad!

Tab, keep it like that. Faithfull to your ideas without compromise with marketing tendencies that born dead!

Tad, "Vripack Yacht Architects" are world-wide well known Yacht Architects with a respected reputation, you think they gamble with the construction design of a, for their portfolio" minor important design?

Interested in their portfolio? here is a link;

Link: Vripack portfolio

Reiz....:flowers:......I'm very aware of Vripack, you seem to be reading criticizem where there is none, only interest in different ways of doing things. To be successful (As Vripack are) the designer must produce what the market thinks it wants......Sometimes I think that's a mistake. In the case of the Jetten boats design seems to be driven by interior volume requirements.....this results in boats that sell at boat shows (ashore) but are less wonderful at sea. For instance the very full slab-sided topsides forward.....this gives you a huge forward stateroom, but doesn't look like a boat at all from the outside(IMO).....Thankfully we do not all produce or want the same thing.....what a boring old world that would be...

The boat looks great and it shines like a piece of art. Good choice of colors for marketing brochures. It also matches the color of the channels in Europe

To Whom it May Concern!!!

TAD ROBERTS, is also a very well-known boat designer and naval architect, in many aspects, way ahead in ideas on how a passagemaker should be. Too bad that I found his work after I started to build my boat. Too bad!

Tab, keep it like that. Faithfull to your ideas without compromise with marketing tendencies that born dead!

Thank you for your kind encouragement....brought a ray of sunshine to this grey day.....:D

Personally, I'm starting to want interior volume over high seas handling as I'm starting to realize that ditch cruising, shallow island escapes and brief offshore trips in favorable conditions are probably the only things in my future.

I'm willing to wait for my "window".

Looks wise, it reminds me of the Greenline 40 Hybrid, but look at how far the Jetten carriers its beam forward.....if there's any sharp entry, it must be below the water line. She's nearly as round as a Manatee. Could this be another so-called "super displacement" boat.

heal....As this is what the Brits call a "Bespoke" build, you can have it any way you like. There's no mold, the boat is steel which lends itself to simple customization. Standard hull is full displacement with a single 185HP engine. But you can have it with twins up to 800HP and we assume a bottom optimized for that power. It would only change below the chine and one could assume speeds in the mid to upper teens.....with huge fuel consumption.

Personally, I'm starting to want interior volume over high seas handling as I'm starting to realize that ditch cruising, shallow island escapes and brief offshore trips in favorable conditions are probably the only things in my future.

I'm willing to wait for my "window".

There ya go!.....The reality is that these Jetten boats(and thousands like them) may spend 95% of their lives tied to a dock, 4.9% chugging along canals, and the rest in open water......

There ya go!.....The reality is that these Jetten boats(and thousands like them) may spend 95% of their lives tied to a dock, 4.9% chugging along canals, and the rest in open water......

Just having a conversation with the admiral. Since we now live aboard, we have decided that a "dock condo" should be our next boat sooner than later.

Probably an aft cabin Carver, Sea Ray or similar will fit. If it has boarding ladders I'll fit a swimplatform stairs. This will give us the room we need.

Then in 4-5 years, when we retire, the Great Harbour or similar will be in the cards when we'll be swinging on the hook 50% of the time.

Bum: I see what you mean. Silverton, Carver and Bayliner have good space ideas for dock queens also. Of course, for the length I'd say the Endeavour Cat 40 and 48 Sky Lounge models are the space kings, but for a mono-hull it would be hard to beat the cube of a GH. If you want to get ridiculous, check out something like Bluewater Yachts or Carri-Craft Cats. They would be the last stop before you get into the real inland river style of houseboats. Heck, on those things she can have her own shoe closet.

Bum: I see what you mean. Silverton, Carver and Bayliner have good space ideas for dock queens also. Of course, for the length I'd say the Endeavour Cat 40 and 48 Sky Lounge models are the space kings, but for a mono-hull it would be hard to beat the cube of a GH. If you want to get ridiculous, check out something like Bluewater Yachts or Carri-Craft Cats. They would be the last stop before you get into the real inland river style of houseboats. Heck, on those things she can have her own shoe closet.

I saw a couple of the Endeavor Cat 40's. Didn't like the look. A brand new one stayed 2 slips down for a couple days. Just didn't feel right to me and can't put my finger on it.

Gotta have something that won't swamp at the inlet...

;)

Still wanting a GH. Just gotta make the extra $$ and not hit the retirement accounts.

A Bluewater would be a killer dock queen and can be had cheap!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom