How do you haul your boat out

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Doing it MK Bay style;

Attachments

• Badger washed.jpg
    Badger washed.jpg
    146.6 KB · Views: 76
The Coot goes "on the hard" only for maintenance. The boating season here is year-round.

Mark,

Just curious, how often do you haul the boat out? Once a year for me with the warm Florida waters (bottom job and running gear maintenance) and monthly bottom cleaning by a diver--or me when the water is above 80 degrees! I replace the zincs every 3-4 months.

Murray I've never seen one of doze.

I see no hydraulic pump engine. How do you adjust the pads to fit the boat?

janie mac,
Never seen one like that either. When I first looked at it I must have assumed it was still a yard trailer but it looks like they took your boat home for you. How far do you live from the haul out ramp? They must charge by the mile. I'd sure love to have Willy here in my yard.

I see we now have 7,500 members! I'm amazed. I have been noticing that the "discussion" list of the threads most recently posted on rolls over very quickly. Couldn't believe it just awhile back I'd posted on a thread, come back an hour later and the thread wasn't even on the list. I'm surprised I don't have stage fright.

Last edited:
Everett has a new yard with a 75 ton sling lift with two multiple straps for support. We waited 3 years before moving to Everett for the new 75 ton as they only had a 35 ton. The Eagle is 40+ tons. Some of the commercial trawler in Everett are still to heavy have to go to Port Townsend or Seattle. Most go to Port Townsend so they do not have to go through the locks.

I am such a wiener and can throw a fit, the Eagle is taken out and put in bow first. The reason is the Eagle has a single screw and full protect keel. Bump in gear and drift through the straps. Where the lift is located if the winds is up its bitch turning around.

Phil Fill,
Lattitude in LaConner has a 100 ton lift.
Call Pat about your launching problem.
Could use small boats as tugs.
I'll help.

Mark,

Just curious, how often do you haul the boat out? Once a year for me with the warm Florida waters (bottom job and running gear maintenance) and monthly bottom cleaning by a diver--or me when the water is above 80 degrees! I replace the zincs every 3-4 months.

Once a year. Every second year have the bottom repainted (two coats) and all 11 zincs replaced. Alternate years for inspection and any needed repair such as replacing any fast-disappearing zincs, treating the propeller for barnacles, etcetera.

How massive are your zincs?

img_193518_0_c992015cf1bf7084f8762affe5129c15.jpg

These folks don't look worried:

img_193524_0_bb02a8bfa23ce21e308a9071fea8ed92.jpg

While we're on the subject guys, how do you avoid damaging the thru hull transducers with the lifting slings?.
I'm in the process of having some new, and very expensive, trans installed while the boat is on the hard for winter, so I was just wondering.

Tie ribbons on the rail to show where you want the slings to be placed. Yardworkers have also asked me where to place the slings. Of course, one needs to be familiar with the hull's characteristics.

Last edited:
While we're on the subject guys, how do you avoid damaging the thru hull transducers with the lifting slings?.
I'm in the process of having some new, and very expensive, trans installed while the boat is on the hard for winter, so I was just wondering.

Don't put the transducers where the slings go.......

Keep them fwd or aft of the sling lift points.. or use a straight edge between the keel and the turn of the bilge and make sure the transducer doesn't protrude into the line. Also either mark the hull at the cap rail for the slings or transducers. Keep a photo of the boat when hauled to supply to the lift operator so they know what she looks like under water.

HOLLYWOOD

Murray I've never seen one of doze. I see no hydraulic pump engine. How do you adjust the pads to fit the boat? janie mac, Never seen one like that either. When I first looked at it I must have assumed it was still a yard trailer but it looks like they took your boat home for you. How far do you live from the haul out ramp? They must charge by the mile. I'd sure love to have Willy here in my yard. I see we now have 7,500 members! I'm amazed. I have been noticing that the "discussion" list of the threads most recently posted on rolls over very quickly. Couldn't believe it just awhile back I'd posted on a thread, come back an hour later and the thread wasn't even on the list. I'm surprised I don't have stage fright.
most people here take their boats home. When I bought this boat this same company hauled this boat 300 miles with no problem.

Murray I've never seen one of doze.

I see no hydraulic pump engine. How do you adjust the pads to fit the boat?

I'm pretty sure the controls for the hydraulics were at the front of the trailer, or the back of the 'truck'. Don't remember exactly as this was our first lift and I had a lot on my mind :eek:

Once a year. Every second year have the bottom repainted (two coats) and all 11 zincs replaced. Alternate years for inspection and any needed repair such as replacing any fast-disappearing zincs, treating the propeller for barnacles, etcetera.

How massive are your zincs?

I probably replace my zincs more often than necessary; but I only have two (rudder and prop nut) and they are inexpensive and very easy to replace while I'm diving under the boat. The prop nut zinc is for a 1.25" shaft and the rudder zinc is 3-3/4" diameter.

I'm amazed at how quickly the growth accumulates here in the warm Florida waters. Nothing a monthly dive can't clean-up.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom