New (to us) Marine Trader 40 Europa Sedan

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

AdaminMN

Vessel Make
Marine Trader 40 Europa Sedan
Hello,

I've been lurking around this site for a month or so. Now that I've got pictures of the boat, I felt it was time to post on the site. I'm not sure if it's true here, like other forum sites I post on, the rule (guideline) is, without pictures it didn't happen.

We'll, it happened.

This is our ninth boat. Yes, ninth. They've ranged from twelve foot dingys, to twenty-seven foot sailboats; zero horsepower, to three hundred.

This was a boat we couldn't pass up. This boat can do what no other boat we had could do, entertain a big group of friends.

We've had it for about two months now, and now she's laid up for the winter. There is a growing list of winter projects, none that seem too daunting. I hope to gain some knowledge from this site to really make her shine.

10442266504_26ec886668_z_d.jpg

Congrats on your beautiful boat. That's one huge flybridge you've got there. Big enough for lots of friends, I figure.

Nice looking Europa. We have a 42 Europa that is a near cousin to the MT40. Congrats!

Niiiice, and lots of room to slam-dance ;)

Congratulations! What a beautiful boat. Are you at Sunnyside normally? I hope to see you on the river next year, although I don't have a trawler. .. yet!
BD

Nice looking boat -- thanks for the pics. Perhaps 9 is the magic number for you, and this will be the one that you settle down with. :)

Very nice.:thumb: The Europa or sedan layout is certainly great for living or entertaining. Single or twin?

I like the FB. It looks nice .. for a FB. Would look better w/o that blue tent over it. The FB looks small compared to the rest of the boat and that's good. I think FlyWright was considering the whole upper deck as the FB. Sure has the opportunity to get way too many people up there. The lines of the FB blend into the rest of the boat nicely too. Looks like you've got a good one.

I just enclosed mine last winter and changed out the blue weather cloths with black. I really love the nice large flybridge in the summer. Nothing better than sitting up there in the nice warm sun watching the world go by.

232323232%7Ffp83232%3Euqcshlukaxroqdfv5%3A8%3C%3Dot%3E2399%3D%3A%3A%3C%3D833%3DXROQDF%3E2%3A4%3B9397%3B623%3Aot1lsi

Thanks everyone for the compliments.

To answer some of the questions people had... She has twin Lehman 120's, plus a diesel genset. We will keep her on the St Croix River in Stillwater, Mn. Our intended use is mainly for day trips and entertaining. I've found most of the systems pretty straight forward. But everything is poorly marked; wiring and plumbing.

Once the days start getting longer, I'll be asking several questions here, but for now I keep adding to the project list.

SomeSailor... I love your boat name!

Congrats! We really enjoyed our MT36 for many years and one gale:eek:

Attachments

• mt 001.jpg
    mt 001.jpg
    131.7 KB · Views: 450
  • mt 024.jpg
    mt 024.jpg
    102.5 KB · Views: 150
  • mt 011.jpg
    mt 011.jpg
    93.1 KB · Views: 156
  • MT36 090.jpg
    MT36 090.jpg
    139.3 KB · Views: 204
I'm glad to see this post. I have an IP-37 and am 'think' of going over to the trawler world.
I like the Europa style, but I am wondering if we would have any more room in the Mariner 40 or GB 42, etc that we now have in our IP-37? This is our full time liveaboard boat, thence the thought of moving to a trawler 40+.
Thanks,
Wm Mayberry
OPTIMYSTIQUE
IP 37-30

Congratulations, very nice looking boat! We love the style & looked at quite a few Europa style boats before we ended up with our pilothouse. We really like the covered walkways especially in the PNW. Randy

Back
Top Bottom