View Single Post
Old 11-10-2013, 03:39 PM   #151
healhustler
Guru

City: Longboat Key, FL
Vessel Name: Bucky
Vessel Model: Krogen Manatee 36 North Sea
While viewing them all in Green Cove Springs, I took a video of them and recall that there didn't seem to be a difference in the pilothouse or engine room in the 37 vs. 47 (and didn't need to be). Of course, both have the same nearly 16 ft. beam. Thanks for reminding me of that, cuz I really do need to go back and see the videos again, if I can find them.

One thing I have to add, though. I wasn't knowledgeable enough about cruising that I really understood the significance of what Eric Kraft was pointing out in the various storage areas of the boat, especially under the sole....with pull out hatch access fwd., aft, and amidships. He opened a big, gas assisted floor hatch in the pilothouse to reveal a stairway down into what they call the "bosuns locker". This was a full beam space, maybe 5 ft. or so long if I recall, but nearly 16 ft. wide and close to 6 ft. in height I think. Cubic wise, this is probably more storage space than I have on my entire boat, which by-the-way, has huge storage. A full size stack type washer and dryer could go on one side easily. A deep freezer and shelving on the other. Heck, it would probably hold my Admiral's shoe collection. This is truly one of the great assets of that series, and is also one of the reasons why I'd probably choose the N over the GH. I didn't check for it, but I suppose since the GH has a half-height engine room of the same size as the N, the GH may also have a storage locker of similar size, but again, half height.

Whatever you think of this fat, bulky style of boat (like mine), it has its assets.

"When life gets hard, eat marshmallows”.
healhustler is offline   Reply With Quote