Seasons

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

KJ

El Capitan
Vessel Name
Avalon
Vessel Make
Chung Hwa 46 LRC
The seasons, they are a changin’.

There’s a nip in the air and the leaves are turning. A nice day for a quiet late afternoon cruise.

Sorry to see summer go. I love summer (at least my bones do).

I hear they got four feet of snow somewhere in the Midwest. And it’s only October!

I envy those boats that are heading south (really south) for the winter.
KJ

1429-albums131-picture825.jpg

It's still in the mid-60's here today so it's not really feeling like fall yet. I wanted to take Beachcomber out today but had too much stuff to do. Maybe tomorrow.

The “migration” south has been in full swing for several weeks now. At least 15-20 boats passing by every day.

All sizes and designs. It seems more boats are on the move on days with crappy weather.

There sure are some interesting boats out there.

The boat from Ottawa was heading to the Bahamas.

I wonder which one of our TF folks are cruising the farthest distance this season. KJ

1429-albums131-picture843.jpg

1429-albums131-picture837.jpg

1429-albums131-picture839.jpg

1429-albums131-picture836.jpg

1429-albums131-picture840.jpg

1429-albums131-picture842.jpg

KJ, would you recommend staying the winter in your waters? Do you ever freeze over ? Any advice on a safe marina ? Thank You.

Its been chilly here in Daytona. We've used heat the past 4 nights.

81 today, tonight they say 72 but it's blowing out of the north.

KJ, would you recommend staying the winter in your waters? Do you ever freeze over ? Any advice on a safe marina ? Thank You.

Well, last winter we did get some nights when the temp dropped below freezing. I woke up one morning to find snow on my car and on the boat. It was somewhat of a surprise. It was gone within an hour and that was the only time I’ve seen snow here. I did have the boat winterized when she was laid up for the winter two years ago, just as a precaution. Some folks in the area say you don’t need to and some say you do. Even though we are considered brackish water, we still have a pretty good tidal and river flow, so the water itself never freezes.

However, if I were traveling from the north to get away from the cold weather, I would definitely go farther south, most likely to Florida or the Bahamas.

If you are asking about safe marinas security –wise, I haven’t heard of any trouble in this area. I’m at the Barefoot Marina and all the gates have locks. There are several liveaboards in the marina and we keep a pretty good eye on things. KJ

1429-albums131-picture844.jpg

1429-albums131-picture845.jpg

1429-albums131-picture846.jpg

Back
Top Bottom