Who Wears Safety Gear?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hazards are real. Risks are constructs usually defined by likely hood and consequence. It is the risk management and minimizing exposure that most people fail at.

Completely agree. Risk management needs to be a big part of your thought process when organizing your boating adventure. Very few injuries or deaths occur due to bad luck. It is almost always poor risk management.

After working in a high risk industry for many years, I now automatically assess risk and try to mitigate hazards with any task I take on. Its a big part of the planning process.

I must admit not a big fan of wearing any type of PFD, this miss giving was brought to light this past summer while in Hadley Harbor Ma we decided to take a dingy ride over to Woods Hole for lunch, just me and the bride, large raft plenty of HP, well the water running through that area can get rather sporting, part way through I clipped on the kill switch to me, once through, we decided we really should try those vest on that are always clicked into the raft, well we had a pretty good laugh as they must have been fitting for me 20 years ago, and I've put on a couple of pounds and no way it would have fit. Long story long looking for new proper fitting vests and plan on using them before we need them.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom