I am a real newbie to trawlers, always been a sailor.now a CAMANO 31

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Skiphyde

Attachments

• image-3683386086.jpg
    image-3683386086.jpg
    63 KB · Views: 169
Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome to this site and congratulations on making the switch. Camano's are amazing boats and are planning a comeback in the future. They offer a lot of boat in small package. This is a great place to ask questions and share experiences.

Welcome to the world of comfort boating. It may take some time to become fully acclimated to not boating at an angle or in the wind and rain. Some newbies find it helpful in the transition to have the Admiral splash you with cold saltwater and push you from side to side while underway. Eventually this should subside.

Nice vessel.
Welcome aboard from another newbie (not yet an owner though).

OD

Welcome aboard. Lots of ex-sailors on here. Some of whom every now and then dream about the sailing life, but always wake up to the reality of what time has eroded.

Welcome to the world of comfort boating. It may take some time to become fully acclimated to not boating at an angle or in the wind and rain. Some newbies find it helpful in the transition to have the Admiral splash you with cold saltwater and push you from side to side while underway. Eventually this should subside.

I elected to have vestigial sails on my trawler to ease the transition from a sailboat. I really appreciate having an enclosed pilothouse versus an open cockpit.

Last edited:
A Camano 31 2002 model was my previous boat "Spirit" we bought her used in 2004 and sold her in 2008 when we wanted a bigger boat. They are very well made and lots of fun to cruise. We surely enjoyed ours.
Where do you keep your Camano?

Welcome Skiphyde! Until I saw your pic I`d only seen pics of a Camano 31 bow on, now I see why they have a big fan club.
Having sailed, you can usually guess a sailboat`s next course. Happy posting.

Welcome! We too are new Camano 31 owners out here in the PNW. Our move was to downsize and we're learning all over again that we can't take all the stuff we had on the previous boat, oh joy! You might want to Google "East Coast Camano Owners" and "PNW Camano Owners", both have forums that are helpful.
Tom
Whimsy
Camano31, 2004

Back
Top Bottom