ksanders
Moderator Emeritus

City: SEWARD ALASKA
Vessel Name: DOS PECES
Vessel Model: BAYLINER 4788
Quote:
Originally Posted by manyboats View Post
Kevin,
Are you saying or implying that a Bayliner is a PNW boat because it's built here?

I was assuming that it was some feature or features of the boat that made it most suitable to the PNW. For the activity of boating here.

Adelaide,
I love NTs but what makes them a "classic NW vessel"?
I'm saying that Bayliner dominated the PACNW in terms of number of large cruisers produced. Those large numbers have produced a rather large following, making them an easy resale. Also some of their models, specifically the pilothouse models are well suited for use in the PACNW weather conditions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adelaide View Post
Bayliners are sun chasers, Nordic Tugs are season extenders. It's a much more comfortable vessel with our climate and maximizes the opportunity we have on the water....
Thats a pretty broad and absolutely incorrect statement. The attribute that makes a boat a season extender in the PACNW is a fully functional inside helm station. While I agree that a pilothouse model boat is a season extender, I do not believe that the inside helm station on a Nordic tug is any more or any less functional than the inside helm station on a Bayliner or a tollycraft or uniflite, or many other brands with comparable sizes.

If we want to get specific, I would stack the pilothouse on the 4788 Bayliner against any boat on the market in its size range for useability, and features.

Specifically the main design feature that makes the Bayliner pilothouse so roomy is that it does not have a stairway forward, taking up room in the pilothouse. I'm amazed when I look at pilothouse boats, just how cramped many of the pilothouses are.

https://maps.findmespot.com/s/XLJZ#history/assets
ksanders is offline   Reply With Quote